In light of last night U.S State of the Union speech given by President Obama, the DLP again today attempted to draw parallels between the U.S Democratic Party and the failed Barbados DLP administration, which as I have said before on BU is “COMPLETELY LAUGHABLE” and here are (3) more key reasons why:
(1) On Deficit Reduction:
– The U.S Democratic Party has made sure that deficit reduction measures did NOT fall unfairly on poor and middle class Americans.
– The Barbados DLP has “COMPLETELY” placed deficit reduction measures on poor and middle class Bajans … raising the overall cost of living to new levels of “pain and sufferation” for poor and middle class Bajans.
– PRES. Obama has “FACED” a wide range of national challenges and has effectively harnessed best of breed public and private sector talent and innovative thinkers, to meet each challenge which has worked in large part and is a testimony to effective leadership in tough times.
– PM Stuart has been “MISSGING IN ACTION” in a strange, hermit style type of way on a range of key challenges facing Barbados, and when he does emerge adds NO value to the issue as PM. He has convinced his DLP cabinet to use the “LET’S JUST WAIT AND SEE” overall strategy which accounts for the poor DLP ministerial performance and lack of significant accomplishments in the last (5) years.
3) Industry Preservation
– One of the highlights of Obama’s first term was his leadership in saving of the U.S Auto industry as a key sector of the US overall economy.
– PM Stuart and the DLP have done “NOTHING” of any significance to reform our crippled Tourism Industry. What the DLP “has” done in Tourism is waste millions of advertising and marketing dollars doing the same thing but expecting a different result, which by the way is the definition of “ INSANITY ”. The global recession should not have stopped us from innovative thinking and reforms much needed in the Barbados tourism industry. The DLP’s poor performance in leading the Tourism industry has had a significant and adverse “multiplier” affect on the impact of the global recession. The Bajans people are not buying the global recession excuse for everything wrong in Barbados … “we are not buying it”
The DLP has simply failed to find SOLUTIONS to a wide range of national challenges; they have been so focused on the “We are not just building an economy, We are building a society” slogan they have ironically completely forgotten about the economy part of the slogan. At a time when government dollars are tight and our economy shrinking by leaps and bounds due to DLP poor leadership … why has the DLP not abandoned the “we are building a society” non-sense” is beyond me.
The DLP slogan may sound good on a DLP stage but Bajans are NOT FOOLISH … “Bajans know that you CANNOT BUILD A SOCIETY WITHOUT JOBS, WITHOUT LEADERSHIP, WITHOUT VISION, WITHOUT A STABLE ECONOMY – All things the DLP have lacked for (5) long years”