We the People of Barbados – Solution for Garbage
Submitted by PUDRYR
Dear Bajan Brothers & Sisters,
Might de ole man suggest something.
I have been thinking of real practical ways for Civil Society to “wrest” control from the (at least) 21 incompetents that Mia Mottley has been besieged with in her overgrown Cabinet.
All of us are tired of the continuous game of Musical Chairs that we are besieged with, every 5 years, when these clowns come in and trick us for our “X’, EVERY SINGLE TIME.
While I can do this, I WILL NOT spend much time belabouring the endemic problems of each administration, but i will detail the solutions that WE THE PEOPLE HAVE AT OUR DISPOSAL.
And I will start with this Sanitation Service Authority Problem
In St Thomas, next to the school where Louis Lynch was moved, there is a company called L&N Workshop run by a man called Norman Edwards.
Such a man can, and has, taken any vehicle and, with his extremely competent staff, repaired any bus or truck.
In St. George, on the way past the St. George polyclinic, is a man called Michael Powers who can, and has, taken any SSA truck and refurbished and repaired it, to a state where it is like new
I am sure that many of us have exceptional Body Fabrication specialist that we can recommend for this task.
So, let us pause for a moment and consider the state that our garbage collection is in and suggest a way that WE THE PEOPLE can work to a specific solution for this problem.
Here is the ole man’s suggestion
- I suggest that we create an NGO called WE THE PEOPLE of Barbados.
- We might be able to solicit the services of BU’s resident lawyer Mr. Jeff Cumberbatch
- WE THE PEOPLE of Barbados, will go to the government of Barbados and offer them $1 for each of the currently languishing DDA trucks at the SSA HQ
- To facilitate the financial portion of this concept WE THE PEOPLE of Barbados will open a specific bank account where we each deposit a base contribution of say $50 (or what we can afford). Well wishers and corporate entities can contribute more. A registry of the monies collected and of every single contribution will be available online IMMEDIATELY with the establishment of the account. (It is optional for persons who subscribe to permit their names to be published publicly)
- This WE THE PEOPLE of Barbados account will have 3 signatories, one of whom will be Senator Caswell Franklyn and 2 others (Caswell must be one of the signatories)
- WE THE PEOPLE will secure the contractual commitment of the government of Barbados to use our trucks, when repaired, for the collection of Garbage. (We can seek the skill sets of BU’s resident Luminary for this task as well if he is interested)
- WE THE PEOPLE will have the “Mia Cares GoB” waive the road taxes for these vehicles for a period of 3 years and we will have one of the socially conscious Insurance companies insure the activity for 3 years.
- The seed $$ from the WE THE PEOPLE of Barbados Account of say $100,000 will be requested from Ambassador Rihanna Fenty
Piece uh De Rock Yeah Right
DE OLE MAN NUMBER SOON AH COME (jes wait…)