Walter the Actuary a BLACK man | Charles the Actuary a White man

[Barbados Underground] Walter Blackman responded to BU commenter TheOGazerts on the observation that Barbadians are engaged in the Charles Herbert, a rich Bajan Actuary that contrast starkly with Walter, a Bajan Actuary who is Black and forced to return to the USA to make a living – David, blogmaster

TheOGazerts, Barbados, our idyllic island home, will continue to vomit up its shocking contrasts.

It is only after listening to people on BU describing how “bright” a certain white man is to have completed a degree in actuarial science, then to have gone on to complete the tough actuarial professional exams, then to have gone on to develop a multi-million dollar actuarial company in Barbados, that I found myself making some comparisons. We both demonstrated at the university and professional exams level that we possess the intellectual capacity needed to become fully qualified pension actuaries. However, the demonstration of brain power is where the similarity abruptly ends.

Now for the contrast. He is a bright, rich, white man. I am simply a black man.

In Barbados, this is a huge, huge deal and it naturally and invariably translates into a situation where a universe of opportunities are opened to him, whilst all doors are closed to me.

So whereas someone can boast on this white man’s behalf, that he made millions from selling an actuarial company which he developed in Barbados (not sure if this is correct), I am left to inform BU readers that I was awarded an OAS Fellowship to study actuarial science at the masters degree level with the expressed intention of providing actuarial services to the National Insurance Scheme of Barbados. Alas, I completed my studies but, on my return to Barbados, was never allowed to work at the NIS. I applied for the vacant position of Supervisor of Insurance, which was advertised by the Erskine Sandiford administration. After a series of interviews, the final two candidates were Walter Blackman and Joycelyn Hinds. I attended the final interview and have heard nothing since. I discovered later that Wismar Greaves was placed in the post. Could it be that this was the point at which CLICO was being prepared for its “great” journey?

Attempts to work at ICB amounted to a mere exercise in futility.

More recently, the Government of Barbados, for the first time, advertised the position of CEO of the Financial Services Commission. I knew something was afoot so I made sure that I applied. As expected, I never even got an acknowledgement. However, Sir Frank Alleyne told Barbadians that the FSC had searched the whole world and could find no one but Mr, Randy Graham to fill the position.

What has allowed me to remain mentally strong and steadfast is my firm belief that no one selected Walter Blackman to “unfair” or destroy. This “square pegs in round holes” problem is systemic and thousands of progressive-minded Barbadians, if given the chance, can easily recount incidents of being similarly “unfaired” and discriminated against.

There is some purpose to this madness.

Back in the early to mid-1980’s, a grand designer decided to “corner” and control government’s financial services market. Individuals were handpicked to head major government revenue agencies and to follow certain career tracks (e.g. Supervisor of Insurance, NIS dept, PS/Director of Finance).

For example, Sabina Walcott was made Commissioner of Inland revenue. Grantley Smith was Director of NIS, before moving on to the PS/Director of Finance role. William Layne was Financial Controller of NIS, Supervisor of Insurance, and then PS/Director of Finance. Ian Carrington was Supervisor of Insurance, Director of NIS, and has now moved into a PS/Director of finance role.

Any person or agency wishing to investigate the nature and state of the government’s finances from 1985-2015 is well-advised to start by questioning and interviewing these four individuals along with Erskine Griffith, a former PS/Director of finance, who was ultimately “rewarded” with a minister of agriculture’s salary. These persons were in the best position to know how come government’s financial rules could be violated so easily, and how come the problems raised by the Auditor General for so long could be so contemptuously disregarded with no repercussions or consequences.

With respect to the FSC, every Barbadian watched in disbelief as the organization did little or nothing to protect the rights and benefits of CLICO’s policyholders, or to punish the guilty persons responsible for the scandalous raid on the insurance company. However, when it was discovered that the Judicial Manager was about to publish a report which proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that David Thompson initiated the steps which led to the CLICO raid, the FSC sprang into action and tried to block the publication of the report. Was this the reason why the nephew of David Thompson was put in the CEO post? Was it sheer coincidence that he left the post after all attempts to block the publication of the JM report failed?

We castigate, shun, and in some cases, jail uneducated black Barbadians for their acts of ignorance. At the other extreme, we block well-educated black Barbadians.from taking up positions commensurate with their experience and training, and from participating meaningfully in public life. Participation in public life is now being characterized by corruption, malfeasance, and deceit. Instinct tells me that a social backlash cannot be very far away…

• Walter Blackman

millertheanunnaki July 30, 2018 9:58 AM

“@ W Mc.M B:
    All we will be doing in expecting change arising from a change in administration in respect of this CLICO heist and highway robbery of the Treasury is spitting in wind while trying to whistle.”

You, mon ami, ought to remember-from your younger days on the Two-Mile Hill- the following saying boldly etched in the façade of a funeral home:
    “NIL DESPERANDUM, SANS DIEU, RIEN”.

millertheanunnaki
    “The critical date in respect of CLICO was not the date the administration changed. It was the date that liabilities were transferred from CLICO to Resolution Life, the new insurance company established by the government. I have made the point already, that the next day, Mara Thompson publicly declared that she was walking away from representing the people of St. John.

We have to realize that Resolution Life is now responsible for providing all benefits promised to policyholders. CLICO is off the hook. Last week, most insurance companies had their leading “producers” paraded in the newspapers. Did you see any agents from Resolution Life?
    Who is the actuary at Resolution Life?
    Let us wait for the annual report before we comment any further.

I remember the saying NIL DESPERANDUM, SANS DIEU, RIEN (Never despair. Without God. Nothing). However, the words are etched to the front of J, C Ramsay’s house, rather than on the funeral home which was located next door.

Undoubtedly, you know me very well.

Up and on.

• IF THE SATANIC SERPENTINE COMMODORE AROUND WE WOULDF NOW BE INTERRUPTED WITH NONSENSE ABOUT THERE BEING NO TRINITY OR WHY JESUS TAUGHT IN PARABLES
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    It is not at all surprising that these questions keep you awake at night.

See if you can follow this…
    Walter claims to be a trained actuary. If Bushie were to find out that he knew nothing of SPSS, …or that the difference between absolute mean deviation and standard deviation eluded him… then the bushman would not entertain him on questions of serious actuarial science.
    Furthermore, if Walter fell to the level where even Mariposa could rationally point out that, judging from his FRUIT, he was clearly not what he claimed to be….
    Why would a bushman waste time whacking dead weeds…?

By the way… stop making a fool of yourself
    We are ALL sons of the Devil. “…shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me”
    Surely you know that.

John 8,44 speaks of the natural tendency of mankind to want to do the desires of our natural father – the Devil, i.e. brassbowlery.
    (which is why we can judge by the FRUIT being produced).

The difference here is that Bushie was adopted…. as previously explained.

No doubt this pisses you off bigly… LOL
    Even when Bushie is quiet….

Don’t you wish you could still crucify nuh?
    ….like your antecedents (the learned Scribes and Pharisees) did back at Calvary…?

• Piece Uh De Rock Yeah Right Exposes Walter "NO CV" Blackman" as Posturer

@ Walter PPK

You need a lesson in real humility and I shall give you one kind sir.

the object lesson is “Hit count” how many times your CV related images will be reviewed on line.

That will do a few things Walter

It will show if there is untoward interest in your credentials RATHER YOUR CV

High count means that there is flow through and people wanting to see if there is truth in your pretensions Low count means that you are a non entity.

Which would confirm why the DLP DID NOT TAKE YOU ON WHEN YOU CAME BACK because they either did not take you seriously OR your story about stabbing the man who was your mentor in his back, did NOT SIT WELL WITH THE Demonic Larceny Party.

Imagine that “a backstabber” being denied by a party of ravenous muderers!

You ae indeed a special breed of Posturer and Fraud

Where is your CV?

• Piece Uh De Rock Yeah Right

For Walter de Pretender

• @Walter

Oh no walter you TRIED to belittled the watchman, It is a fact “you gone back to Trump land” as to you taking piece and watchman advice can also be a fact, since you are back in Trump land, but only you will know

• I’ve exhausted all the comments that I can make here.

HAGD all.

• Walter can ignore me as much as he wants to, but I din posting no quals on BU to please PUDRYR. He’s an expert investigator let him find yours as he found Herbert’s. On to FSC; Thompson’s nephew is also “highly” qualified: BSc. Insurance and Finance (summa cum laude) or 1st Class
    MSc. Risk Management; and before his appointment as head of the FSC he was already the Director of Insurance and Pensions at the FSC. He headed the family insurance business before the FSC, and now he’s the CEO of Massey. Thompson nephew yes, but he’s clearly no fool.
    But like I said previously, Walter is not the only son or daughter of the soil that had to seek opportunity outside of Barbados. In fact, I know of persons who were unfairly sent home in 2008 who have been unable to find work in Barbados and overseas. One individual nearly lost their home. Mind you, some have actually won judgement against the government for unfair dismissal and while brek and unemployed have not received a cent. So I will not be wiping Walter’s crocodile tears because at least he has a booming pensions market to offer his expertise. Furthermore, I thought Walter’s return was to contest the St.Micael East seat for the DLP? I would also like to ask if his disappointment at not being appointed FSC CEO predated his Walter & Walter show on CBC, a station that refused to broadcast paid BLP events notwithstanding being millions in debt?

• Walter Blackman

Enuff August 1, 2018 6:06 AM

“Walter can ignore me as much as he wants to………”

Enuff,
    You are correct. And I will.

• @Walter

• pieceuhderockyeahright

And so, with the whimper òf a dying dog, the thread that was supposed to signal the non successful Caesar’s return to “Rome”, euphemism for St Michal East, flickered and died.

And Walter rode off into the sunset, his tail between his legs AND HIS IMAGINARY CUTTING EDGE CV, sealed with the wax of his obvious self effacing lies.

Having finished this job let de ole man append the annual general meeting of the DLP to my sanctimonious appoint as Leader of the Opposition because Enuff of Lorenzo told me so.

Enuff of Lorenzo duo you do know that the news has returned to your boss that you tagged teamed with the Ile man to expose the fraud and Pretender?

It Will mean you are going to have to find something new quickly to redeem your name.

I am locked on to have the island in the ABC highway that the owner of Coverley built that killed Abijah Holder moved by the caring Prime Minister Mottley.

Would You be so kind to join me there?

• Walter M Blackman

Piece Of The Cock Yeah Tight,
    I am sure that you are familiar with the methodology used to extract sperm from “bull-cows” for purposes of artificial insemination. A contraption is set up to fool the bull into believing that he is mounting a female.
    To let you know exactly where my mind is, once the “bull-cow” has been fooled, the pulsations in his trembling botsie begin to accelerate at an exponential rate, until, in a fit of euphoric and exquisite delight, he spasmodically deposits his “cargo” into the waiting container. .
    I use the same concept with you. However, in your case, rather than extracting bovine sperm, I deliberately tried to drain you of toxic human venom. This venom builds up in all patients suffering from a chronic disease called “nasty-mindedness” and has an extremely debilitating effect on black people.

After reviewing the results of yesterday, I am extremely satisfied with the amount of venom I was able to get you to cough up.
    My job here is done for now.

I shall return to “drain” you in about two months or so. In the meantime, please curb your natural inclination to be an irritating nuisance, bully, and lout.

Dr. PPK

• RE By the way… stop making a fool of yourself
    Surely you know that.

WHEREAS WE WERE ALL wheras shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me” WE ARE NOT ALL SONS OF THE DEVIL AT ALL

JOHN 1 CLEARLY TEACHES the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

YOU WOULD DO WELL TO READ EPHESIANS 2
    And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

(which is why we can judge by the FRUIT being produced).

IN JOHN 8:44 JESUS TOLD THE JEWS THAT THEY EVINCED THE CHARACTERSITICS OF THEIR REAL DADDY THE DEVIL, JUST AS YOU DO
    THEY DID NOT KNOW OR UNDERSTAND THE WORD THAT THEY HAD LEARNED ALL THEIR LIVES
    THEY HAD FAILED TO LEARN OF HIM IN THE WORD, JUST AS HE HAD SAID IN JOHN 5 WHEN HE GAVE THEM HIS QUALIFICATIONS

The difference here is that Bushie was adopted…. as previously explained.
    ADOPTED MY EYE
    I AM SURE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE PROOF TEXTS FOR THE ADOPTION OF SONS……ONE OF WHICH I HAVE ALREADY CITED

NOW SHUT UP AND GO BACK TO YOUR LIAR YOU SON OF THE DEVIL
    GO BACK TO THE PRESENCE OF YOUR SERPENTINME SATANIC DADDY

• Walter Blackman

Walter Blackman July 31, 2018 10:47 PM

“If Resolution Life is not writing new business, then what is the long-term survival strategy of the company?
    Let us wait for the annual report before we comment any further.”

David August 1, 2018 8:19 AM

“@Walter

Curious for you to expand on an earlier comment about the operations/viability of Resolutions life. From where you are perched is this company established to operate as a normal insurance company? If yes how could it be if it is not writing new business and at the same time incurring operating expenses?”

David,
    The highly specialized area of insurance is built upon a foundation of confidence. As an actuary, part of my responsibility is to uphold and defend the public’s interests at all time, so I have to be extremely careful how I tread. I am sure that by now you have recognized that there are some black Bajans on this blog who would take delight in destroying me the first chance they get. For them, I am simply a ripe mango in a tree.
    I understand where you are coming from, and I urge you to continue to dig further. Resolution Life not only has to pay for operating expenses, it has to pay existing pensioners, and it has to pay the cash surrender values of those policyholders who have already lapsed their policies.

Out of an abundance of caution, I prefer to wait for the annual report before I comment any further.

• Walter Blackman

TheOGazerts July 30, 2018 5:20 AM

“@WB
    A few …….. will be chewing on your shorts like rabid dogs. Some will not know the man, but will try to punish you……”.

TheOGazerts,
    It is real uncanny that we have reached the stage where we can predict the behavior of some BU bloggers with 100% certainty.

Your comments are never very long, but they are terse and effective. In fact, they remind me of how an author once described comics – “poison in little boxes”.

I want to thank you for your valuable and powerful advice. It certainly feels good to know that someone else genuinely has my welfare at heart and I appreciate it.

Thanks, again.

• WALTER

WHEN I FIRST CAME ON BU, I WAS QUITE SERIOUS, AS YOU MIGHT EXPECT

MY FIRST POST WAS TO CORRECT AN ERRANT DRUG REP ON THE CONTROVERSY ABOUT A NEW STAYIN COMBO DRUG

I TRIED TO SHARE INFO ON BIBLE AND MEDICINE

ATTEMPTS WERE MADE TO CONTRADICT SOUND DOCTRINE THAT COULD NOT BE REFUTED BY OBVIOUS ILLITERATES IN BOTH DISCIPLINES

I REALIZED I WAS THROWING MY PEARLS BEFORE THE SWINE

SINCE I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN, AND NOTHING TO PROVE IN THIS VIRTUAL RUM SHOP , LANDSHIP-ESQUE ENVIRONMENT, I DECIDED TO MOCK THE MOCKERS

IT IS MUCH MORE FUN WHEN I GET BORED TO MOCK THE MORONS HERE

YOU THROW OUT THE BAIT, AND THEN YOU MOCK THE SUCKERS, AND LIE BACK AND LAUGH

SOME THINK I TYPE IN CAPS CAUSE I AM ANGRY………BECAUSE THEY CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER POSSIBLE REASON

IT IS SAD WHEN YOU DONT HAVE LIVING REAL INTELLECTUALS AROUND, WITH WHOM YOU CAN CONVERSE

• millertheanunnaki

@ Walter Blackman July 31, 2018 10:47 PM

Who is the actuary at Resolution Life?
    Let us wait for the annual report before we comment any further.”

We would not let you off this fishy hook that easily by allowing you to drag that Resolution Life red-herring across the trail.
    What Annual report, what?

We all know that Res Life is an unfertilized egg of an insurance company laid by lawyers to kill off CLICO in order to get certain living people who benefited (and still benefits) from the CLICO ponzi off the hook and to shield them legally from future law suits.

What we were trying to unearth is the revival of a most important financial issue needed to attract the disinfectant of knowledge.

Now, Walter, please prove PUDRYR-the wizened but still wise cock- wrong by telling us whether these outstanding tax liabilities are still matters of immediate concern unlike Resolution Life and its Annual report which will appear, “shortly”, just like those from the many SOEs and State-funded agencies still in limbo for the past 10 years.

“He who can, does; he who cannot, teaches”. ~ George Bernard Shaw.

• A good comment Miller.

• @ GP
    You are not even intelligent at the basic primary level….

If it says “as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” …does it not follow that it is a SUBSET of the whole to whom “power is given to become the sons of God”?
    …and that in short, he ADOPTED this subset to become his sons…?
    Even if you are adopted, your daddy remains your biological daddy…. even when you gain the characteristics (and inheritance) of your adopted father….

While you are cooped up in Babylon (which you hate); watching shiite cricket; playing with your Trump; at war with the medical schools that employed you; on BU bragging everyday about your great biblical knowledge – only to stumped by two BASIC questions put by a simple-minded bush shiite.

You are pathetic….and you are your own worse enemy….
    Take a hint from the fact that Zoe is no longer a BU joke….

Bushie did you a great favour when he chased you from BU on two previous occasions. David(BU) admonished Bushie for that altruistic deed… so this time, the Bushman will leave you to self-destruct – as you continue to demonstrate what the fruits of an evil mind looks like…. and what the failure of a ‘Barbados scholar’ sounds like….

• @ Walter
    One does not have to be an actuary to see that Resolution Life is nothing but a scam to kick the CLICO ball a bit further down the road. That you would have to point out the folly of the concept speaks volumes….
    The REAL issue is with those who have accepted this as some kind of ‘solution’ to the CLICO debacle…

Check carefully and you will likely find a few who are seeing an opportunity to have THEIR own selfish expectations satisfied – without any regard for the overall wellbeing of the thousands of dispossessed – or for justice to be done….

• @Bush Tea

Yes and timing was everything regarding how it was implemented, it was a politically expedient decision. The point Walter is reluctant to address and the blogmaster understands why- is the role of the FSC approving the license to operate Reslife and related requirements. What the collapse of CLICO should have taught us is the obligation of the government to protect the consumer. Look forward to the government addressing this matter with the transparency it promised.

• @ GP
    You are not even intelligent at the basic primary level….
    I KNOW, BUT I HAVE DONE VERY WELL DESPITE THAT LOL

…and that in short, he ADOPTED this subset to become his sons…?

NO WHEREAS THAT IS TRUE IN THE PHYSICAL REALM, IT IS NOT TRUE IN THE SPIRITUAL
    I INVITE YOU TO CITE THREE REFERENCES TO SUPPORT YOUR BULL SHIT THOU SON OF BELIAL
    RE See if you can figure out why Bushie is rich as shiite; living in paradise; unfazed by the rampant brassbowlery around, … and living like a son of God….?

I INVITE YOU TO READ ALL THE SCRIPTURES ABOUT RICHES.
    YOU WILL DIE, AND WILL CARRY NONE OF YOUR RICHES WITH YOU, NOR WILL I

RE While you are cooped up in Babylon (which you hate); watching shiite cricket;
    I LOVE CRICKET. ALWAYS WILL. WATCHING A TEST MATCH LIVE RIGHT NOW AND ENJOYING IT

RE playing with your Trump; NOT PLAYING JUST AMUSED AT HIS VICTORIES AGAINST THE ODDS . AND ENJOYING IT

RE at war with the medical schools that employed you;
    NOT AT WAR AT ALL. CLOSDED A FEW AND RETIRED AND FEELING FOR THE STUDENTS AND THEIR FUTURE PATIENTS
    HAVE TURNED DOWN JOBS AS MY DEAR WIFE DOES NOT WANT ME TO GO ANYMORE

RE on BU bragging everyday about your great biblical knowledge –
    DON’T BRAG BOUT THAT… I EXHIBIT IT

RE only to stumped by two BASIC questions put by a simple-minded bush shiite.
    NOT STUMPED AT ALL
    I JUST DON’T GET INTO WHAT PAUL IN 1 TIM 1:4 CALLS :GIVING heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith:
    OR AS HE ENJOINS IN 2 TIM 2 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.1

RE You are pathetic…BUT MY DADDY IS NOT THE DEVIL
    .and you are your own worse enemy…BUT JESUS IS MY FRIEND. HE HAS PROVIDED AND PROTECTED ME FROM YOUR FATHER

RE No one exposes you for the pathetic, failed, sham that you are – more than your own drivel posted here on a daily basis.

I LEARNED HOW TO DRIVEL HERE ON BU. I LEARNED WELL DIDN’T I?

RE Take a hint from the fact that Zoe is no longer a BU joke….NOT WHEN I CAN MOCK IN DE RUM SHOP WITH THE DAILY DRIVELLERS

RE Bushie did you a great favour when he chased you from BU on two previous occasions.
    YOU DIDN’T CHASE ME ANYWHERE
    I HAD SOMETHING TO DO THEN

NOW I OBEY 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
    I also obey James 4:7 Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.5

Re David(BU) admonished Bushie for that altruistic deed… so this time, the Bushman will leave you to self-destruct – as you continue to demonstrate what the fruits of an evil mind looks like…
    I AM SORRY THAT I DIDN’T LEARN MUCH IN THAT REGARD FROM YOU

RE. and what the failure of a ‘Barbados scholar’ sounds like….
    I HAVE NOT FAILED AT ALL
    I HAVE LOTS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT AS I RUN WITH PATIENCE THE RACE THAT IS SET BEFORE ME HEBREWS 12:1

YOU WILL NOTICE THAT AS THE LORD DID IN THE RECORD OF THE TEMPTATIONS RECORDED IN MATTHEW 4 AND LUKE 4 THAT I HAVE ANSWERED YOU AS HE DID THEN, WITH THE WORD OF GOD

NOW YOU MAY RETURN TO YOUR DEN THOU SON OF BEELZEBUB

• “He who can, does; he who cannot, teaches”. ~ George Bernard Shaw.

ALL THOSE WHO DO HAVE ACTUALLY HAD GOOD TEACHERS

• We are tired of the ‘lecturing’ by Bajan educated loudmouths. Its time we see some repayment by action in the currency called Noblesse Oblige.

BAJAN EDUCATED LOUDMOUTHS LECTURE ELSEWHERE WITH SUCCESS

A prophet is not without honor save in his own country. MARK 6:4

Words spoken by Jesus to the people of Nazareth, the town where he grew up. They refused to believe in his teaching because they considered him one of themselves and therefore without authority to preach to them.

BAJAN EDUCATED LOUDMOUTHS PAID THEIR DUES FOR SEVERAL YEARS SERVING BEFORE THEIR INFERIOR SUPERIORS

• @PLT,

You talked of slavery being the foundation of modern capitalism. I asked you to define modern capitalism and you drift off in to your usual nonsense. We are now in the 21st century, slavery was at its heights in the 17th-18th centuries.
    Are you suggesting that the capitalism of the East India company and of slave owners and the plantocracy, or Ford or Standard Oil, are the same as that of Apple, Google (your friend) and Facebook?
    Let us expand the discussion: slavery co-existed with the Age of Reason, so, according to your reasoning, slavery was the foundation of reason.
    Sometimes I get so angry at what passes as knowledge among the keyboard warriors on BU. But it is not surprising. Recently we had a UWI so-called political scientist writing in the Nation and describing capitalism as one-dimensional. Yet, in the face of this historical illiteracy we did not get a single letter to the editor, no comment on BU or the radio phone-ins, nothing.
    The chairman, as usual joined in and is as uninformed as he always is. Eric Williams wrote his book from his PhD thesis at Oxford, before the start of the second world war (and published during the war). Capitalism has evolved numerous times since then.ie Bretton Woods, the Gold Standard, the 2008 global crisis. Or, in your simplistic reasoning, it is all the same.
    Interestingly, CLR James, a fellow Trinidadian (of Barbadian heritage) also published his Black Jacobins at the same time as Williams was completing his thesis. @PLT I suggest you read it. (While doing so forget Beyond a Boundary). By the way, James did not go to university.

• Piece Uh De Rock Yeah Right

Like I said on July 31 2018 UNTIL YOU PRODUCE YOUR CV to show that your credentials are equal to or exceed those of the man Charles Herbert whom you juxtaposed them against you remain A PRETENDER & A FRAUD.

This is the basis of my prosecution of this matter Walter, some of us done been done what you are experiencing as strangers in a foreign land but what you did here was infradig for a man of your purported stature.

And de ole man going hound you till you come clean as Piece You Coc* big and I, Walter, too Tight” heheheheheh

You should have come prosecuting the wrongs on Resolution Life or some other issue NOT HERE IS MY QUALIFICATIONS and THIS EQUATES TO THE CV of de white man Herbert

You are a small minded man and you continue to show that part of you every single encounter you have here.

• @PUDRYR

You should give it a rest. Walter cannot be a perfect man, who is, however in the BU forum he has been a valued family member. What purpose is squabbling amongst ourselves? Is there not a greater battle to be waged?

• Piece Uh De Rock Yeah Right

Ok David I shall do as you ask.

• millertheanunnaki August 1, 2018 10:17 AM

“The kernel of the query was to obtain a report on the current position with respect to those large tax obligations arising from the dealings in that $3.3 million of dirty money laundered through a law firm.

You, Walter, did your professional and civic duty by highlighting these arrant cases of tax evasion which was arranged solely to deprive the Treasury of large amounts in both VAT and income tax.”

millertheanunnaki,
    I am on vacation, so I have no problem sharing some of my leisure time with mon ami.

if you genuinely want “to obtain a report on the current position with respect to those large tax obligations arising from the dealings in that $3.3 million of dirty money..”, why are you directing the “kernel of the enquiry” at me?
    You have already admitted that I did my “professional and civic duty by highlighting these arrant cases of tax evasion”. What more do you want from me?
    The ball is in the court of BRA, The Commisioner of Police, and the Attorney-General. Do you want me to commandeer one of those posts?

• David August 1, 2018 10:51 AM

“@Bush Tea

What the collapse of CLICO should have taught us is the obligation of the government to protect the consumer.”

David,
    It is extremely important to remember that, based on the findings in the judicial manager’s report, the PM and Minister of Finance played an active role in the CLICO debacle. Therefore, the raid mentality coming from the PM toward CLICO, had to manifest itself in a similar raid mentality toward government. After all, it was the same man.
    Therefore, the vault containing loans that could be borrowed on the international market was raided. Foreign currency held by Barbadians living overseas were “raided”. The “printing press” at the Central Bank was raided. The local savings of Barbadians were “raided”. identify any significant source of “unrestricted” funds and it was raided. We are talking about post-CLICO.
    All of these raids created a liability that the Government was unable to honour. These people did not care. They were feasting. Protection of consumer? Alien concept.

CLICO is just the tip of the iceberg.

• NO WHEREAS THAT IS TRUE IN THE PHYSICAL REALM, IT IS NOT TRUE IN THE SPIRITUAL
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hilarious!
    What a dishonest joker….
    You made a silly statement, and when its idiocy is exposed, you now claim it to have been meant in a “spiritual realm”… ??!!

OK in this ‘spiritual realm” of which you speak ….can you now tell us how God can be a ‘Trinity’ when one of the three members was DEAD for three days and three nights? …or was it then a ‘qualified trinity’ with a ‘duppy’ member at that time?
    🙂

• David August 1, 2018 11:26 AM

“@PUDRYR

“What purpose is squabbling amongst ourselves? Is there not a greater battle to be waged?”

Piece Uh De Rock Yeah Right August 1, 2018 11:30 AM

Ok David I shall do as you ask

David,
    The astute reader and onlooker should be able to see some outlines of the major problems that we face as a nation.
    BU is a microcosm of Barbadian society. Attitudes exhibited here exist in the wider society. Within the black community, the evil twin of envy and malice make sure that we spend all of our lives squabbling with and fighting against each other. For what, we do not know. That is our national weakness and everyone knows it.
    Some whites, non-whites, non-blacks, politicians and foreigners work assiduously to ensure that we remain disunited. This is very easy to do with the general population. You know why? There is absolutely no one who can go up to those who have gone astray, reason with them, and then get “I shall do as you ask” as a response.

• The collapse of CLICO shows the depth and pervasiveness of man’s inhumanity to man. Thousands and thousands of policyholders have been physically and emotionally traumatized so that a few can live lavishly. Laws have been broken, but not enforced. God does not like ugly.

CLICO is just the tip of the iceberg.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Bushie always knew that you were special.
    However even your above summary of the issue represents the tip of the iceberg.

We always knew of man’s inhumanity to man… and it has always been ugly….
    This is VERY important conditioning …given what is in store in our immediate future…..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hilarious!
    What a dishonest joker….

JUST EXPLAIN THE DOCTRINE OF THE ADOPTION OF SONS
    IS IT PHYSICAL? OR IS IT SPIRITUAL?
    EXPLAIN WITH RELEVANT SCRIPTURES HOW A SINNER CAN BE ADOPTED AS A TEKNON OF GOD

MR FOLLOWER OF ARIUS WORK THAT OUT FOR YOUR SELF
    I HAVE TOLD YOU SEVERAL TIMES FROM SCRIPTURE WHY I WILL NOT WASTE TIME WITH YOU ON THAT

WHY DON’T YOU ASK THE DEVIL YOUR FATHER, FROM WHOM THIS SILLY QUESTION IS DERIVED?
    ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ANSWERS TO CONFOUND THE LEADERS IN YOUR CULT?

RE…and if (as common sense dictates) we agree that God is NOT any ridiculous ‘trinity’, what does this say about EVERYTHING ELSE that you mistakenly (and blindly) follow as your religious dogma?

ALL THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS DEVISED THAT THIS IS SO FROM THEIR STUDIES OF THE SCRIPTURES
    ALL REVERED THEOLOGIANS AND BIBLE EXPOSITORS TEACH THIS
    EVEN SIMPLY CHILDREN IN SUNDAY SCHOOL UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF THE TRINITY

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ANSWERS TO CONFOUND THE LEADERS IN YOUR CULT?

RE You may well be watching cricket and casting abuse on BU… in anticipation of a coming ‘Rapture’…. that is just as elusive as your much vaunted ‘Trinity’….
    THE RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH IS ANOTHER WELL ESTABLISHED DOCTRINE FIRST ESPOUSED IN JOHN’S GOSPEL BY NONE OTHER THAN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF

RE If you were smart, you would work out your own salvation in fear and humble trembling….rather than boasting on false and baseless religious dogma.

I HAVE NEVER REALLY MET THE DEVIL UP FRONT LIKE I HAVE WHILE DEALING WITH YOU

• Walter Blackman

Georgie Porgie August 1, 2018 10:15 AM

WALTER

WHEN I FIRST CAME ON BU, I WAS QUITE SERIOUS, AS YOU MIGHT EXPECT

I TRIED TO SHARE INFO ON BIBLE AND MEDICINE

I REALIZED I WAS THROWING MY PEARLS BEFORE THE SWINE

IT IS MUCH MORE FUN WHEN I GET BORED TO MOCK THE MORONS HERE

YOU THROW OUT THE BAIT, AND THEN YOU MOCK THE SUCKERS, AND LIE BACK AND LAUGH

Georgie Porgie,
    I understand. Barbadians are not easy.

We all have our different personalities, and our different levels of tolerance. Like you, sometimes, I “throw out the bait…and lie back and laugh” but I make it a point not to “mock the suckers”. LOL

Putting the swine aside, you have to focus upon the fact that your medical knowledge is a pearl. Use it as effectively as you possibly could.

Let me use a few examples to show you what I mean.

Some people swear that the pharmaceutical companies are producing drugs to make them fork out their money for life. When these people have been ordered to take “blood pressure medication” they sometimes unilaterally come off the medication, and decide to use herbs and plants. Is this a dangerous practice? Once you start taking blood pressure pills, must you take them for the rest of your life?

Marijuana has become so expensive in Barbados that the youngsters have to supplement it with “fanta”, a tobacco leaf product, in order to get a spliff. we know tobacco does, but does marijuana smoking cause lung or any other cancers? Does mixing it with tobacco create any additional dangers?.

A lot of readers of BU might be at least middle-age so their concerns would be about communicable diseases. If you are diagnosed as pre-diabetic, can you remain in that state for the rest of your life?

There are a lot of health issues on people’s minds. They are not going to come out and say so. Think about it and see if you can start raising awareness about some medical issues and breakthroughs. Your efforts will be appreciated.

• Did Walter discuss Res Life on the Walter & Walter show? PIMRP do!!

• What if he didn’t enuff? It was a government owned station and we know how that goes?

• Walter Blackman

Bush Tea August 1, 2018 1:07 PM

“What CLICO demonstrates is the fact that even the victims of such inhumanity are now conditioned to FULLY accept the ‘treatment’ , even when administered completely devoid of vaseline.

Bush Tea,
    Excellent point. You and I could not take 5 cents from a Barbadian.without being hounded down, threatened, beaten, or cursed. How on Earth then could thousands of the same Bajans sit down and let people steal and eat out their money? Remarkable.
    How can you get so many people conditioned? You mean that there was not one ignorant, instinctive policyholder in the group?
    Amazing.

• David

What does that tell you?

• That Walter was trying a ‘ting’ read promote his visibility.

• @Walter

The demographic of those taken with the investments should be noted as well.

• David

And once the need for ‘visibility’ is no longer necessary, yuh come out swinging? Good for you, but not for me. It spells selfishness and shows that Walter is not as independent as he and others purport. I dun.

• Walter Blackman

Enuff August 1, 2018 6:06 AM

“I would also like to ask if his disappointment at not being appointed FSC CEO predated his Walter & Walter show on CBC, a station that refused to broadcast paid BLP events notwithstanding being millions in debt?”

Enuff August 1, 2018 1:47 PM

“Did Walter discuss Res Life on the Walter & Walter show? PIMRP do!!”

Enuff,
    Oh boy. Here we go again.

it seems like your partner tagged you, and you are now in the ring.
    Have fun. You have the whole ring for yourself.

• Walter Blackman August 1, 2018 1:44 PM

i APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE SAID

I TOLD YOU I CAME ON BU SHARING MY MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE…AND WAS MOCKED AND “CHALLENGED”

BU’S RESIDENT DETERMINED THAT THE INFO I GAVE AND MY PPTS COULD BE OBTAINED ONLINE AND ON WICKIPEDIA

ON TWO OTHER OCCASIONS I HAD TO WASTE TIME WRANGLING WITH THE BU RESIDENT PSEUDO PHYCHOLOGIST, PATHOLOGIST AND EXPERT ON CERVICAL INJURIES.

THIS BEHAVIOUR WAS CALLED CHALLENGING AND THE PERPRETRORS DUBBED PROVACATEURS

JUST AS A LOT OF US POLITICAL INFO COMES TO MY INBOX DAILY, SO DOES LOTS OF MEDICAL INFORMATION FLOOD MY INBOX DAILY

ON THE BASIS OF MY TREATMENT HERE IN THE PAST, I WILL NOT SHARE THIS INFO HERE. THE BU RESIDENT EXPERTS CAN DO THAT.

I DONT OWE BARBADOS OR BAJANS ANYTHING

I WAS NOT BONDED, BUT I RETURNED TO SERVE THE PUBLIC AND DID SO AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY WHERE I WAS ASKED.

NOW I WATCH CRICKET ON TV FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD, AND FORENSIC MEDICINE AND CERTAIN TV RERUNS

I DONT NEED TO THROW MY PEARLS BEFORE THE SWINE…AND I WONT. I LEAVE THAT TASK TO THE PROVACATEUR AND THE BU RESIDENT PSEUDO PHYCHOLOGIST, PATHOLOGIST AND EXPERT ON CERVICAL INJURIES.

• You have stated your position and it is respected.

Next.

• LOL @ GP
    I HAVE NEVER REALLY MET THE DEVIL UP FRONT LIKE I HAVE WHILE DEALING WITH YOU
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    It tends to feel that way when the whacker is applied….
    Bushie (like the Phantom) can be rough on roughnecks.

Perhaps you understand now how you make others on the blog feel with your incessant, capitalised insults.
    Bad enough that your poor wife has to put up with you…

Just don’t bring it to Bushie – cause it will be whacked right back into your face…
    Now go in peace …and sin no more….

@ Walter
    How can you get so many people conditioned?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    If only you knew!!!
    If only you could see the big picture – where we battle NOT against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world…..
    …and where a great deceiver, now into his final thrust, is intent on costing us our spiritual birthrights…

But what has been hidden from the wise and the prudent has been revealed unto babes and bush men…
    CLICO is nothing compared to what most people will be falling for in coming times…
    Do you think that Trump is an anomaly? Or that Froon was?
    Boss…
    There is only one way to stand against such odds…..
    The full armour of God.
    Love, Truth, Righteousness. Faith…..

• RE Bush Tea August 1, 2018 2:45 PM

LOL @ GP
    I HAVE NEVER REALLY MET THE DEVIL UP FRONT LIKE I HAVE WHILE DEALING WITH YOU
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    It tends to feel that way when the whacker is applied….

NO IT WAS REVEALED TO ME THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE DEVIL’S REPRESENTATIVES ON BU

I PRAYED ABOUT IT AND LIKE GIDEON I PUT OUT A FLEECE AND MY PRAYER WAS ANSWERED

RE Bad enough that your poor wife has to put up with you…
    SHE IS A GEM!
    I SIMPLY ADORE HER!
    IF SHE HAD TO PUT UP WITH ME SHE WONT ASK ME TO STAY HOME INSTEAD OF GOING AWAY TO TEACH, YA IDIOT. SHE WOULD TRY TO GET RID OF ME, DONT YA THINK

WHO TAUGHT YOU TO SAY GOD INSTEAD OF BBE?
    THATS A STEP FORWARD BUT CAN YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE SON?

• Piece why dont you resume hunting the two man White Oaks team and ask them for their CV afterall it is taxpayers money which would be paying for their services and has a right to know of their qualifications
    Walter already stated he is working outside of Barbados so what is the point in you harassing him

wstch me now

• RE You have stated your position and it is respected.

Next.

OK I WILL TELL YOU A STORY
    THERE WAS ONCE A RICH WHITE BOY AT A CERTAIN MEDICAL SCHOOL WHO GAVE THE DEAN WHO WAS TEACHING HIM TROUBLE

HE TRIED IT WITH ME TOO IN SOME SPECIAL CLASSES I WAS GIVING AFTER SCHOOL TO HELP THE STUDENTS TO SEE HOW TO PUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE TOGETHER

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT STAGING OF TUMORS WHEN HE INTERUPTED STUPIDLY

MY COLLEAGUE AND GOOD FRIEND, WHO MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE MISSED HIS SILLY QUESTION, POPPED UP AND SPOKE ON POPPING UP AS IN TUMORIGENESIS

WHEN MY FRIEND WAS FINISHED I ASKED THE SILLY LAD “ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH THAT ANSWER ?”

HE SAID “YES” TOTALLY UNAWARE THAT THE DR HAD SAID NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT STAGING.

I SAID GOOD, AND MOVED ON WITH WHAT I WAS SAYING BEFORE INTERRUPTION LEAVING THE MORON IN HIS BLISSFUL IGNORANCE

YOU SEE I KNEW THAT HE WAS NOT HONEST IN HIS QUESTIONING. HE THOUGHT THAT I DIDNT KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT,

I PROVED HIS IGNORANCE AND EVIL INTENTIONS

HOW YA LIKE DAT?

• I PROVED HIS IGNORANCE AND EVIL INTENTIONS

HOW YA LIKE DAT?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    How petty, childish and spiteful!!

• NOW HEAR THE DEVIL AND BIBLE ILLITERATE SPEAK

Don’t you wish you could still crucify nuh?

ALL SANE SOUND SERIOUS SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND OTHER STUDENTS OF SCRIPTURES KNOW THAT the learned Scribes and Pharisees COULD NOT CRUCIFY ANYONE AT CALVARY OR ANYWHERE ELSE

ALL SANE SOUND SERIOUS SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND OTHER STUDENTS OF SCRIPTURES KNOW THAT THAT IS WHY THE SANHEDRIN PREVAILED ON PILATE TO ORDER WHAT THEY COULD NOT DO UNDER THE ROMAN OCCUPATION

IT IS AS WRITTEN IN Romans 1:22 KJV – Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools- uh lie?

• Bush Tea August 1, 2018 5:40 PM

I PROVED HIS IGNORANCE AND EVIL INTENTIONS

HOW YA LIKE DAT?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    How petty, childish and spiteful!!

NOT AT ALL. FOR I DID NOT DO ANYTHING,SAY A WORD OR EVEN EXPRESS ANNOYANCE AT HIS FOLLY

IT WAS NOT FOR HIM TO INTERUPT THE MASTER BECAUSE HE THOUGHT THAT THE MASTER DID NOT KNOW

HE WAS PAYING GOOD MONEY TO LEARN FROM THE MASTER WHO HAD GONE BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY TO TEACH HIM STUFF THAT WAS NOT ON THE SCHEDULE

HE WAS GETTING SOMETHING EXTRA

IF HE WAS AS SMART AS HE PRETENDED HE OUGHT TO HAVE KNOWN THAT TUMORIGENESIS AND STAGING WERE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS

• @Walter Blackman “I was awarded an OAS Fellowship to study actuarial science at the masters degree level with the expressed intention of providing actuarial services to the National Insurance Scheme of Barbados.”

My chief; and my little johnny [in the case of little johnny it means that the fruit fell real, real far from the old tree, lolll!!!] were awarded OAS fellowships too, about 20 years apart. I know that the selection process is tough but fair, therefore it seems to me that Walter must be good…it is therefore a pity that we haven’t made good use of him.

If we throw away our brightest and our best, what are we then left with?

People like me.

Not good.

Not good at all.

• @David July 30, 2018 7:26 AM “It is important if we want to have a truth and reconciliation.”

No reconciliation without repentance.

• @John July 30, 2018 8:53 AM “Someone in Government wrote a proposal for funding to one of the aid agencies in which the line items included you, the guy I mentioned and the studies as part of a large request for funds.”

The Barbados government does not administer the funds for the OAS scholarships, neither does it do the selections nor interviews.

• @Georgie Porgie July 30, 2018 9:00 AM “HOW MANY BLACK PEOPLE DOES PAY OR ARE WILLING TO PAY BLACK PROFESSIONALS WHEN THEY DO WUK FOR DEM?”

I have always paid my black doctors, dentists, lawyers in full and on time, and I expect that most people do the same, otherwise how do these black professionals stay in business? Surely not from the money earned from the 6,000 white Bajans?

Very few professionals or businesses in Barbados could survive if they were dependent on 6,000 white customers.

• @Hal Austin July 30, 2018 9:01 AM ” Would you allow a fresh medical graduate to carry out heart surgery on yourself?”

A newly minted heart surgeon has to start somewhere.

Somebody has to be patient: 1. Why not you?

it is impossible to get to patient 1,000 unless one first operates on patient: 1

• Walter Blackman

David,
    I am going to explore another link between an attitude displayed on BU and the insight it gives us into the nature and character of the wider Barbadian society.

Gun running, drug pushing, and the political facilitation of corruption are our new national productive bases. The captains of high speed boats laden with guns and contraband have unwittingly become our captains of industry.
    Since there is not enough legal activity going on to make our economy grow appreciably, and given the amount of persons “on the block”, the actual unemployment rate in Barbados can be subjectively estimated to be at least 40%.
    Therefore, getting a job, and being able to keep that job, have become two of the most critical objectives of poor, black aspiring Barbadians.
    One of the major indicators of whether you are going to keep your job (or not )emerges out of the performance appraisal process.

How fair and unbiased is this performance appraisal process in Barbados?

In an attempt.to answer this question, I will use a sample of 6 “bosses” who have reviewed my performance. The sample is small, yet large enough for me to make my point.

Two bosses (33 1/3% of the sample) produced an unfavourable assessment of my work:

Gabriel July 30, 2018 1:07 PM
    “I have your BU record and your talk show deliberations to act upon. In my opinion you fall short. You are a failure Walter.”

Piece Uh De Rock Yeah Right July 31, 2018 2:38 PM
    “NOT ONCE……I ENT SEE OR HEAR YOU…..give one badword idea about what you would counter as a strategy to show your whizz kid competencies.

NOT ONE BADWORD TIME.

….you seek to emote WITHOUT REALLY GIVING ANYONE ANYTHING CONCRETE as an alternative while blowing smoke up the pooches of the masses!
    ..you going be just a Chris Stinkliar pretender to the throne who does talk big and produce nothing.”

Make no mistake about it. These two bosses would have fired me!
    I might have been the only breadwinner in my household with a lot of dependent mouths to feed, and given the Barbadian situation , I might never ever get a job again. They don’t care. Getting rid of me gives them the opportunity to hire their “family”, friend, “man”, or “woman”. I would be left feeling totally dejected over the fact that I gave my best and it was unjustifiably viewed as the worst.

For those of you who think that the assessment of my work shown here is biased and unfair, I exhort you to think of the many Barbadians who go through this situation on a regular basis. Especially our women folk who refuse to “hands up”..

If this sample result is a true reflection of the general population, then one out of every 3 employers (made up of black, white, and miscellaneous persons) appraise the performance of Barbadian employees from a biased and unfair standpoint. This is an extremely destructive practice.

I will take a look at the other 4 appraisals next.
    Keep in mind that I am the same employee, and these 4 bosses see the same work, which the two highlighted here have seen.

• WALTER

I HAVE TO FAIL YOU TOO…FOR THIS
    YOU WROTE

INSTEAD OF who refuse to “hands up”.. YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID LIE DOWN IN ORDER TO GET UP………OR JUST STAY PUT

BUT I WILL GIVE YOU A SECOND CHANCE WULLOSS MURDAH

• @Walter

You have a fertile mind🙂.

To ice your feedback if the reviewer given by the two honorable BUers we have to ask them to share the performance metrics utilized to assess your performance.

#muurduh!

• @John July 31, 2018 10:46 AM “How can I be white if my ancestors on both by grand mother’s and grand father’s side were former slaves?!”

• Walter Blackman

David,
    Four persons (66 2/3% of the sample) gave a favourable assessment of my work:

TheOGazerts July 31, 2018 8:23 AM
    ” I know nothing of Walter but what I see on BU. I was/am impressed with the high level of contributions he made to the blog.”

millertheanunnaki, August 1, 2018 11:26 AM
    “You, Walter, did your professional and civic duty…”

David August 1, 2018 11:26 AM
    “Walter.. is…in the BU forum…..a valued family member.”

Bush Tea August 1, 2018 1:07 PM
    “Bushie always knew that you were special.”

Any village idiot can see the stark difference between the negativity and condemnation embedded in the first two reports, as opposed to the words of upliftment and encouragement contained in these four. The psychological impact is also different. Far from thinking about being fired, I now feel motivated to work harder so that I can justify the confidence that these bosses have placed in me. Additionally, I can plan and budget to take care of my family with a little more certainty.

If readers think that these assessments are fair, then the 4 bosses are exhibiting “character and integrity”. There is a simple lesson to be learnt here: Despite the plethora of thieves, rogues, rascals, political bandits, scoundrels, and pirates in robes that we have on the island, we still have citizens with character and integrity left. It is upon them and God (in reverse order) that we must now depend to fashion a new Barbados.

Finally, don;t for one moment believe that the typical black Barbadian worker functions in an environment where he/she gets this kind of feedback on a regular basis. This type of atmosphere might exist in professional organizations, “foreign” companies, and international agencies, but certainly not in a preponderance of local companies.

The vast majority of black Barbadians work in an environment characterized by rules, regulations, squabbling, conflict, negativity, self-hatred and dysfunction. An encyclopaedia of oppressive and “suppressive” rules and regulations is laid down at the workplace to control their expected “wayward” behaviour and “poisonous” attitudes. For example, rumour has it that if you are a worker dying of starvation at a fast-food joint, eating a french fry might save your life, but it will cost you your job.

Not surprisingly, most of our black workers have bosses who assess their performances in a biased and unfair manner which in turn breeds resentment and mistrust, which leads to hatred, which leads to.dysfunctional behaviour, which leads to …….

You get the point.

• Walter Blackman

Georgie Porgie August 2, 2018 1:35 PM

“WALTER

I HAVE TO FAIL YOU TOO…FOR THIS
    YOU WROTE

INSTEAD OF who refuse to “hands up”.. YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID LIE DOWN….”

Georgie Porgie,
    in this case it is failing vs failing, because I am going to fail you too.

Lie down? You better get into the 21st century. That position is outdated!

In fact, many Barbadian men are the ones who are doing the lying down and bending over in these times.
    There are some thick-calved, big-boned women with high backlifts who “does mek strap-ons talk” in Barbados Their favourite victims are men.

Murdah! Bare mock sport in de rum shop.

LOL

• @Walter

Your point is well made. And yes best in class performance management systems are not present in most indigenous outfits.

• Walter Blackman August 2, 2018 3:24 PM
    it seems I have been away from Bim for too long
    I will accept my failing grade Sir and without dissent
    Murdah! Bare mock sport in de rum shop.
    LOL lol murdah

• “I don’t know but you John, but most of us, except in the case of parent/child incest, manage to have 4 grandparents. How is it that yo seem to have only 2?”

lol..closed brethren quaker..lol

• @Walter Blackman “Now for the contrast. He is a bright, rich, white man. I am simply a black man.”

If you think that beig a black man is Barbados is hard, then for a while you should try being a black working class woman. Or ask your mother, or better still your grandmother.

• We have every opportunity to teach maths – and other subjects as well as any other nation. How about Finland, China, Taiwan? Santia Bradshaw has an opportunity to improve the standard of the nation’s education. She should set out a plan. The US and UK come far down the LISA scale, yet they remain two of the leading economic nations. There is no excuse. We are a failed nation.

• David, as you know I believe there is much we can learn or adapt from Singapore but there are too many hard headed buffoons in Canada, US and Bim who make stupid claims about Singapore or about Bim. We need to really comprehend why Sing, Estonia, Mauritius and Malta are small countries that are very successful. Barbados can improve dramatically in the next 10 years if we really desire to accomplish significant objectives.

• Agreee MB. All we can do is to keep throwing the suggestions, feedback, criticism whatever and hope something sticks. We have to learn, learning is suppose to be innate to the human species.

• Well, Well
    August 2, 2018 8:31 PM

lol..closed brethren quaker..lol

++++++++++++++++++++++

Everybody has two grandparents.

• …. on their father’s and mother’s side of their family tree!!

• Pingback: Government Suspends Payments to Former CLICO EFPA Policyholders | Barbados Underground

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )