Elombe Plants Ideas in An ‘Intellectual Desert’
Well known Bajan Elton Elombe Mottley delivered a lecture at the Barbados Workers Union, Solidarity House on March 02, 2017 with the theme How to build Barbados over the next 50 Years. An audio recording of the event was received by Barbados Underground to share with the BU family. Until Elombe is able to share his official recording- hopefully of a better quality -BU readers should be able to glean the substance of his presentation.
Elombe shared ideas with the expectation Barbadians will also share, discuss and implement for the good of Barbados.
Is it true Elombe has written seven books and plans to complete eight more? See his works @Chattelhousebooks.net
To be expected he did not disappoint those who attended for the fireworks:
- Who called the CBC and instructed the crew not to cover Elombe’s lecture?
- Who was the big guts man former Prime Minister Harold Bree St. John fired when Elombe threatened his resignation from the CBC?
- Why did Elombe refer to former Prime Minister Owen Arthur as a short me crutch …
- Why did Elombe have to watch the unveiling of the Bussa Statue from the top of St. Barnabas hill sitting on the bonnet of his car?
- Why did Carl Moore walk out of Elombe’s lecture after referring to Barbados as an intellectual desert?
- Why did Elombe defy his bosses by changing the payment to the late great Karl Broodhagen from $125.00 to $125,000 for the Bussa work?
- Why did Elombe label the siting of a new hospital at Kingsland as nonsense?
- Why did Elombe go after CBC news anchor Denise Shepherd ‘’’crutch’?
The recording is chock a block with ideas and views to fuel ideas. 2:30 hours.
Thank you to the BU family member who was thoughtful enough to record the event.