Bajan Woman Joined ISIS

Read about Barbadian Abbey Greene who followed her husband to Syria to join ISIS.

Trini, Bajan woman on life with ISIS: We thought it was irie

Aliya Abdul Haqq in Trinidad before leaving to join ISIS in Syria along with her brother. -
Aliya Abdul Haqq in Trinidad before leaving to join ISIS in Syria along with her brother. –

SIMON COTTEE

Aliya Abdul Haqq, one of the hundred or so TT citizens currently stranded in the Al Hol camp in Syria, recently told two foreign journalists that life inside the ISIS caliphate was “irie” – a Jamaican expression for nice or cool. Abdul Haqq, 34, is the sister of Tariq Abdul Haqq, a former lawyer and Commonwealth Games boxing finalist who traded his enviable life in Trinidad for war and death in Syria.

Abdul Haqq was interviewed alongside Abbey Greene, 33, who is from Barbados and was married to Abdul Haqq’s brother Tariq.

If you want to know what an unrepentant female ISIS member sounds like, you could do worse than listen to the Popular Front podcast interview with these two sisters. It makes for spine-tingling listening, not because the women sound like bloodcurdling monsters, but because of the cold and carefree detachment with which they talk about the genocidal violence of the Islamic State.

And if you’re a proud Trini you’ll no doubt be disconcerted to hear that Abdul Haqq doesn’t share your national pride, and is sharply critical of her country of birth.

Abdul Haqq and Greene travelled to Syria in November 2014 with their respective husbands, Osyaba Muhammad and Tariq Abdul Haqq. While 240 TT citizens travelled to Syria between 2013 and 2016, Greene, to my knowledge, is the only Bajan to have gone to join ISIS.

Abbey Greene, the Barbadian widow of Trinidadian Tariq Abdul Haqq, brother of Aliya Abdul Haqq. –

“We came (to Syria) with our husbands, we made hijrah (migrated) to live under the Islamic State, under the law of Islam, and we basically followed our husbands,” says Greene.

Miraculously, both women survived the slaughterhouse of Baghuz, the last sliver of the ISIS caliphate, which fell in March 2019.

Abdul Haqq says before leaving TT she was never radical.

“I was into makeup, piercings and all these crazy things, which I still like.” It wasn’t until after her father died – Yacoob Abdul Haqq was accidentally shot and killed in May 2013 – that she and her family “made this big turnaround.”

Tariq, in Abdul Haqq’s telling, spearheaded this metamorphosis: “My brother came home one day and he said he was going to Syria.

“I started laughing,” she recalls, but within months she had come round to his way of thinking, because in Syria, “it’s strict sharia, which is what I like, so I said, ‘Let me try and see what Syria is about.’”

It is an oddly blasé way of describing what must have been a momentous life decision.

Asked what life was like when she first arrived in Syria, Abdul Haqq relays that she was based in Raqqa, then the de-facto capital of the caliphate.

Aliya Abdul Haqq –

“It matched pretty well (my expectation). There were airstrikes, but it was really mild, so it was still very much like my country (TT). But under sharia, it wasn’t extreme then…It was normal life, we had tea parties, pyjama parties, it was really irie…cool, calm.”

Apparently, she deliberately avoided seeing the public beheadings that were a regular feature in the city back in 2014, but admitted her son had been exposed to several and that it had a violent effect on him.

Do these women have any regret over following their husbands to Syria and for all that ISIS has done?

Not one bit, it seems.

In fact, at several points in the interview, when Abdul Haqq and Greene are questioned about ISIS’s extreme violence against civilians and the rape and sexual enslavement of Yazidis, their default response is either to dodge the question or to rationalise ISIS’s violence as a legitimate response to the violence meted out against ISIS.

They are still clearly bitter about the loss of Baghuz.

“It was a madness, a massacre,” Abdul Haqq says, adding, referring to the SDF (Syrian Democratic Forces), “They bombed the orphanage, they bombed a children’s hospital.”

Greene concurs: “The killing has come from both sides.”

What about the beheading of western hostages?

“I don’t know…The men deal with this,” says Abdul Haqq.

Did the brutality of ISIS cause them to rethink their commitment to the group? This question prompts a long pause.

Then this from Greene: “I really don’t think about that question.”

On the sexual enslavement of Yazidi girls and women, Abdul Haqq confides that she had met two Yazidi women in Raqqa: “They were slaves to a Bosnian guy…and from what (one of them) told me, she said she really loved her slave-master, and she accepted Islam.”

What about ISIS’s systematic killing of Yazidi men – what can justify that?

More silence. Then Greene repeats what has become a mantra for her: “For me, this war is never-ending, and it’s on both sides.”

When probed about slavery, Greene seemed reluctant to condemn it outright, insisting: “Slavery in Islam is not like slavery back in the day — there are certain rules you have to follow, you have to show rahma (mercy), you must feed them, take care of them.”

It is a matter of historical record that ISIS militants did not just enslave Yazidi women and girls, but also violently raped them as part of an official genocidal policy. In TT, a group called the Concerned Muslims of T&T has been calling for the repatriation of all Trini women and children detained in Syria and Iraq, but Abdul Haqq and Greene do not seem particularly desperate to return to the Caribbean. Abdul Haqq is particularly hard on Trinidad: “You know now the crime rate in my country is spiralling, gangsterism and all of this gay and lesbianism craziness, gang-warfare – it’s so crazy.

“I just want peace,” she adds.

“I want a normal life,” says Greene.

Do these women deserve either peace or a normal life after joining a group that had nothing but contempt for the peace and life of so many others? And if they are eventually to return to TT and Barbados, what consequences should they face for joining one of the world’s most violent terrorist groups?

The testimony of Aliya Abdul Haqq and Abbey Greene is unlikely to convince it to change its non-committal stance on the issue.

Simon Cottee is a senior lecturer in criminology at the University of Kent, UK, and a contributing writer to The Atlantic.

Trini, Bajan woman on life with ISIS: We thought it was irie

• As I have said Muslims in non-Muslim countries are fifth columnist and should always be kept under watch. This piece of s— Greene can stay where she is. The folks who have her as a prisoner know what to do with her.

• “These are difficult questions and there is little appetite on the part of the current TT government to actively assist in the repatriation of ISIS-affiliated Trini women and children.”

The questions are not difficult. They made their beds let them sleep in them. It is noticeable that Greene is adopting a typical Barbadian stance of trying to straddle the fence when asked questions about the action of ISIS. Let the piece of s— rot in hell first before she is ever allowed back here.

• @ Robert

Are you surprised? Only the dumb would believe that our Muslims are better than those terrible foreign Muslims and we would not produce any Jihadists. We keep fooling ourselves.
    As I have said on numerous occasions: unless traditional white and black Bajans work together these fifth columnists are going to take over the country. We are sleep walking in to disaster.

• We can see the Radical Muslim Threat but some do not see the RED threat like our Communist Ambassador to CARICOM, OPEN BORDERS with CHINA TAKING MONEY FROM CHINA, SUPPORTING COMMUNIST IDEOLOGY whether it be Cuba, Nicaragua or Venezuela. Why do we have one Eye Open and the Other Closed?

• (Quote):
    We can see the Radical Muslim Threat but some do not see the RED threat like our Communist Ambassador to CARICOM, OPEN BORDERS with CHINA TAKING MONEY FROM CHINA, SUPPORTING COMMUNIST IDEOLOGY whether it be Cuba, Nicaragua or Venezuela. Why do we have one Eye Open and the Other Closed? (Unquote)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Could you, for the benefit of unenlightened one-eyed readers of BU, tell us which country is ‘Capitalist America’s’ biggest trading partner (after the walled-up Mexico)?

Freedom Croaker, when are you going to realize that politicians merely feed the porridge of ideology as propaganda to the masses (like you) while they dine at the table laden with lucre with their ‘elite friends’ of every political persuasion?

The only difference between a politician and a priest ‘lies’ in the kind of lies they both tell to fools like you.

The priest promises manna when you get to heaven while the politician promises the same manna while you are on earth.

• Stockholm Syndrome was and is unboubtedly rife.

• @ Hal February 15, 2020 7:44 AM

Obviously where there is one rat found in a food establishment, one can guarantee there are many more.. This posting will get very few comments. just like that POS Greene who is trying to straddle the fence now that she has been caught. Barbadians will be saying she is an exception. I am sorry this whole Muslim thing has some to the fore in the evening of my days, otherwise I would be the first to take up arms against them

• @ Robert

It is sad. I have seen parts of the UK changed beyond any recognition over the last 50 years. There is a little test I apply: if I go to a local area I look at the demographics, then I look at the make up of employees in shops and offices and reach a conclusion as to who is doing the hiring.
    In London a large number of Africans (West and East) are traffic wardens, many of whom behave like warriors. We have the same in many of our hospitals. There is a constant clash between West Indians and these Africans. Watch out for our 120 our of 400 Ghanaian nurses.
    With these Muslims (in Barbados most are of Pakistani heritage) it will end in tears. Even Middle Eastern Muslims are wary of these Pakistanis.

• @ Miller February 15, 2020 10:23 AM

You cannot compare the Barbados Economy to the US Economy but you can learn learn Principles from the American Economy to Apply them to Barbados if you wanted to. AMERICA IS NOT BEING GIVEN A FREE HAND OUT FROM CHINA THEY PURCHASE THEIR GOODS WHILE COMMUNIST CHINA IS BUYING LOYALTIES ON THE WORLD STAGE AS IN AFRICA, VENEZUELA, THE BAHAMAS AS MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO AND BARBADOS.

America under Trump is LARGELY A CAPITALIST FREE MARKET ECONOMY, that is why the US IS PROSPERING. It is also Blatant that that the Opposite had Occurred by the Do-Little- DemoRats by their Ideology of the Radical Socialist/Communist who believe in Death to America and the reason why they are so Adamant to see Trump fail.

Barbados is Socialist with a Commie Ambassador to CARICOM. If we keep heading in that direction we will end up like Venezuela and Cuba. “THIS TIME YOU CANNOT SAY YOU NEVER KNEW” William Wilberforce.

FREEDOM HOPES THAT THE ADDITIONAL BIRTHING FACILITIES FOR MEGA CRUSE SHIPS IN BARBADOS IS NOT BEING FUNDED BY THE CHINESE AS IN THE BAHAMAS…

WHY DOES A NATION WANT TO BE INDEBTED TO COMMUNIST UNLESS THEY WERE HIDDEN MOTIVES THAT DO NOT MEET THE CASUAL GLANCE?

• THE REAL CHINESE CON-VIRUS…BAJAN’S BEWARE

Take Note…Our PM recently accepted 20 Million from the Chinese to Restart the Sam Lords Project…Now you may understand why the Chinese have a Green Light to come to Barbados in spite of Restrictions due to the Caronovirus! With that loan will come Chinese to build the Infrastructure and other projects. Their plan is to infiltrate to rule the world they know the tactics to use. The Chinese has already gifted us the Gymnasium, it’s not hard to assume what else will follow besides WORSE THAN THE VIRUS, IS THE POSSIBILITY OF THE DEATH OF A NATION BY THE EVENTUAL RISE FROM SOCIALISM TO FULL BLOWN COMMUNISM JUST AS WE SEE THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE IN VENEZUELA…The Goal of Socialism is Communism…Vladimir Lenin.

SOME POLITICIANS WILL SELL THEIR NATIONS SECURITY FOR FAME IN THE NAME OF NAME OF ECONOMIC GROWTH ESPECIALLY WHEN THE AMBASSADOR TO CARICOM IS A KNOWN COMMUNIST!!!

WATCH THE VIDEO IT’S AN EYE OPENER…

• Hal

Correction :whole Muslim thing has some to the fore should read come instead of some.

It will end in bloodshed not tears. Muslims think that the non-Muslim world is afraid of them. I salute the Burmese, Chinese and also the Sri Lankans for their response. Treat them like enemies( indeed they are such) Give them no quarter.The best thing Boris can do is scrap the human rights law.

• @ robert lucas February 15, 2020 12:39 PM

Would you propose the banning of the Bajan-born Muslim woman (Ms Greene) from returning to Barbados although she has not given up her birthright to citizenship?

• Some comments should begin or end with “some of my best friends are Miuslims”.

• What can I say! Some women will follow their husbands ANYWHERE!

• @ Miller February 15, 2020 1:46 PM

I have no problem with it. She decided on a path that, had she been victorious non-Muslims would have been wiped out. I have alluded to the expected reaction of most Barbadians and your reaction verifies my expectation. The UK withdrew citizenship from some of its ISIS followers and the US actually killed some of theirs.. I believe in treating people the same way they treat me. If you have qualms that is your problem. Try living in a Muslim majority country that is all I would suggest that you do. I do not live in a world of make belief.

• @ robert lucas February 15, 2020 4:32 PM

That’s a rather ‘extreme’ position to take there, Robert!

Why that ‘collective punishment’ approach?

Jesus would have forgiven them 70 times 7.

Do you hold that same position regarding the filthy rich ‘Moslems’ who own massive real estate and investments in Western countries like the UK, France and even USA?

If not for the ‘rich’ Islamists may businesses like Harrods, Fortnum & Mason, Macy’s, Christie’s and Sotheby’s would have to close their doors.

• Jihadists are mass murderers. They cannot be reformed.

• @ Miller February 15, 2020 5:26 PM

Should read:
    ‘Many businesses’.

BTW Robert, the ‘terrorists’ who humiliated the USA in the 9/11 moment of supreme shame were from Saudi Arabia the ancestral home of jihadists and ISIS.

You should ask yourself who are the Western ‘business people’ selling the weapons of destruction to ISIS and their rivals for international attention.

• You can’t take sides in any of this, too convoluted.

• Personally speaking I don’t like the Muslim faith’s treatment of women. It is behind the modern Christian faith by a long way even though the Christian faith still has improvements to make in that regard.

But it is my opinion that these people have to be left alone to evolve in their own time They cannot be forced into a modern understanding if it is to stick.

Most Muslims are not extremists and we must not lump them all together as some of you are doing here. I know some of them who engage me in conversation like any other person and show only respect for me and my freedom to choose my religion. These people are not interested in blowing me or anyone else into oblivion for the sake of their religion or world domination.

Years ago when I was doing the diploma in Theology at Codrington College we visited a mosque and had conversations with the official there. We discussed the violence of the extremists and he said that though it was not the way that he would choose or recommend, he could understand how others would arrive at that position. No-one was alarmed because we knew it was as WARU says, too convoluted.

Thing is that the victims of these extremists are mostly other Muslims. I do not pretend to understand the complexities of this situation but I would object strongly to those who have had no part in it being blown into oblivion. And that includes Americans living their own lives without any control over American foreign policy. This thing has to end but I don’t know how it can ever happen. The die was cast many many years ago. Perhaps centuries ago. Even if the Americans and Europeans withdrew and left them to their own devices they would probably still carry a grudge for years and years.

A toxic brew of religion and politics and business interests. Who can figure it out? Not me!

The world has always been a dangerous place. This is nothing new. Nobody ever “has tomorrow put down”.

• @Donna February 15, 2020 2:31 PM “What can I say! Some women will follow their husbands ANYWHERE!”

What can I say! Some women are idiots, and too love to follow misogynistic foolishness calling itself religion.

• @Miller February 15, 2020 5:42 PM “the ‘terrorists’ who humiliated the USA in the 9/11 moment of supreme shame were from Saudi Arabia the ancestral home of jihadists and ISIS. Why don’t the Americans and their allies invade that country the den of the serpent of terrorism?”

One: O-I-L.

Two: M-O-N-E-Y.

• @Donna “A toxic brew of religion and politics and business interests. ”

And TESTOSTERONE.

And it int that complicated.

MEN too love POWER over others, and they too love MONEY.

And there idiotic, lazy women who don’t like to THINK and don’t like to WORK, so they latch on to any man who will think for them and work for them.

Stupssseee!!!

And we go along pretending that it is some big, big geopolitical/theological issue.

• I”ve seen this nonsensical female behaviour in “fundamentalist Christian” women and in “fundamentalist Muslim” women.

It is like BLP and DLP, same damn party.

• @ Donna February 15, 2020 8:00 PM

“Most Muslims are not extremists and we must not lump them all together as some ”

That is only the case when they are in the minority. When they are in the majority it is a different ball-game. You should acquaint yourself about the ummah concept. Anyhow, your reaction verifies what I predicted would be the stance of most Barbadians, trying to straddle the fence and appear reasonable. As I said go and live in a Muslim majority country and find out for yourself.

• @ Miller February 15, 2020 5:26 PM

• @ Silly Woman February 15, 2020 9:30 PM

A feminist like you would have a very hard time living in a Muslim majority country

• I am not trying to straddle any fence and appear reasonable. It is what I believe. I would NEVER live in a Muslim majority country although I have a cousin who does due to her husband’s job and she has no problem. I know it would be unbearable for me. But I can only judge those here by their behaviour here. So far I have had no trouble with them. Exactly what would you have me do? They are already here. What do you suggest the government do? We cannot protest being profiled based on something others have done and then do the same to others. You speak of picking up arms against them. How exactly would you do that? Would you round them all up, men, women and children and shoot them????

• @ Robert

I hear that nonsense about the majority of Muslims being law abiding blah, blah, blah. It is true, the majority may not plant bombs, but THEY DO support the bombers – through contributions at the mosques (in the UK it runs to billions), through their soft support (listen to the excuses about the London-born woman who had her citizenship taken away, that she was only a kid – 15 yrs old – when she went off to Isis and that she has never visited Bangladesh). nonsense.
    Muslims in the UK sprung out of the wood work, demonstrating their difference, after 9/11. It was noticeable and was an act of defiance.

• dr. Lucas

There is an article in today’s Sunday Sun about the treatment meted out to a young Muslim woman that exposes where bigotry will take us.

• @ David

I haven’t read the article. I suggest that you inform those Muslims in Muslim majority countries about the article on bigotry and see what they have to say about it. As I said, I believe in treating people the same way they treat me. If that means violence and chaos so be it. I do not believe in turning the other cheek.

• @ Donna February 16, 2020 1:35 AM

“But I can only judge those here by their behaviour here.”

This is the point I made( Hal also) by referring to them as fifth columnist. They are in the minority now so they bide their time until they are in the majority. As I have said since the year 2000 I have reported on the actions of Muslims in the local media. I had an interesting exchange with one of them who spent two years in Saudi Arabia. where Salafism an extreme form of Islam is entrenched. The man by his comments in the press is an extremist of the highest order..I suggest that you start doing research on the topic.

Do like Isabella of Aragon: you don’t even have to go back that far; do what the Muslims in the Holy Lands are doing to the Christians. Similarly what is being done to the Coptic Christians. Whether or not you want to accept it, there is going to be a clash, a bloody clash and with the present generation of “Woke” people in the west., the outcome will be negative for them.

• USA and Israel invented drones and implemented false flags using proxies in order to engage in PNAC wars. Twenty years later the next generation boots on the ground coalition force fighting Isis are made of muslims.

• @Dr. Lucas

This blogmaster operates from an opposite philosophical base. Our mission in life must be to make the world a better place. It will not happen by allowing the behaviour of others to compromise this thinking.

• i view islam and christianity as janus faced- both are conquering religions of which black people should have no part.

• @ David February 16, 2020 8:02 AM

I read the article about the Muslim woman and the reclining seat. There is also a similar case in either the UK or the US with a white man and a white woman. The white woman reclined the seat and the man pushed it back. The woman is talking about suing. So what is the point you are making? The article verifies the point I have been making that Muslims in the west are constantly trying to depict themselves as martyrs. It is noticeable that the reciprocal action on the part of non-believers is not condoned in Muslim majority countries.

You are free to have your philosophical base: such a high sounding phrase ( a feel good stance): makes the holder of the outlook feel as though they occupy the high moral ground. Such an outlook is for those who believe in utopia. The world is full of evil people.

• @ robert lucas February 16, 2020 1:18 AM
    “My stance is very clear on this topic as can be verified by my posts on it on this Blog.. Do you think trading with them, results in a change in outlook towards them? stop being naïve.”
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is you, dear doc, who are being naïve on this ‘non-science’ matter.

It’s not a matter of trading but one of ownership and control.

The rich Moslems own much in the western capitalist system; just like the so-called communist Chinese.

What do you propose should be done about this ‘commercial’ fact?

Moslems are not known to have great manufacturing enterprises engaged in the production of arms and ammunitions.
    It is the western capitalists, Russians and Chinese who are well equipped to supply these bleeding idiots calling themselves jihadists and who financed by rich Saudi Arabia and the other oil-rich Gulf states.

Were Muslims responsible for the decimation of the Jews in Europe? Was ‘Christian’ Hitler a jihadists?

Was Jim Jones or David Koresh an Islamic suicide bomber?

Just remember that religion is used by humans (of all colours and stripes) both as a door to humanitarianism and as a wall to hide behind in order to carry out acts of evil such as mass murder (genocide) and stealing of resources including other humans as in the case of the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

History is replete with both cases.

• @ Miller February 16, 2020 9:17 AM

Should read:

“…..and who [are] financed by rich Saudi Arabia and the other oil-rich Gulf states.”

• @Miller

You could easily have supported your position by asking if the West created Osama In Laden and why. Such hypocrisy.

• They could have come to a mutual understanding with a little common courtesy instead we are supposed to have sympathy for a tiny Muslim woman who is being discriminated against by a white woman. It’s no fun flyin an enclosed metal box or several hours with 200 plus other coughing,belching,sneezing and farting humans. If I had the money it would be business class for me every time. I once was on a flight where my next door neighbor was invading my space by taking up much of the armrest,next time a woman (white) complained that I was taking up too much space perhaps she was right. The biggest culprit in the seat wars is the airlines as they have some pimply face kid trying to configure how to get many more people on planes that were originally configured to carry much lest and as we know people aren’t getting any smaller. Nowadays when I travel I have my noise cancelling headphones and my better half to keep me company so far that has worked.
    The golden rule “One mans comfort is another mans discomfort”

BTW we will soon enter the era of strap hangers on airlines then the fur will really fly

• @ Sargeant,

Canadians want Trudeau to cancel trip to Barbados and come home to deal with pipeline protesters.

• @ Miller February 16, 2020 9:17 AM

• In the Name of Common Sense

Reading these comments today were quite interesting, if for nothing else but the extreme ignorance and fear-mongering displayed in them.

To use extremist fundamentalists as the yardstick against which to measure all other Muslims is virtually the same as using Jim Jones as an example of all Christians. We can all agree that Jim Jones does not represent the Christian faith. Neither do these fundamentalists, and in my view having familiarized myself with the teachings of Islam, nor many of these barbaric so-called Muslim countries, like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan etc.

Islam, from my reading, promotes the healthy respect of women. Where previous to the arrival of Mohammed in Arabia, parents would bury their daughters alive, he stopped that barbaric practice. Where Christians blame Eve as being the cause of humanity’s downfall, the Muslims believe that she and Adam were equal partners in that sin and therefore equally responsible. Here there is no woman-blaming. Mohammed’s first wife a financially independent, thriving businesswoman, affirming his belief that women are not religiously confined to the home but have all rights to go out and work. The list goes on an on. Many of the problems that people identify with Islam and women’s rights have little do with the religion itself but more so with subsequent laws made by men. Just like the plethora of laws which have oppressed women in our hemisphere for centuries.

The most salient quote from the Quran to dispel notions of conquering dominance is that there is to be no compulsion in religion (Chap 2: Verse 256). Therefore, the actions of ISIS and all the other extremists who seek to use violence to impose themselves on others is totally and completely against the teachings of the religion of Islam. Their jihads of killing innocent people who have done nothing wrong, over in the Middle East or in bombings and knife attacks over in our hemisphere is totally and completely abhorrent to Islam. Mohammed ordered his army in one of the last battles ever conducted in his lifetime that they should do a number of things in war, including:
    1. Never kill innocent women and children or the elderly, or even able-bodied, who are not fighting you (normal citizens going about their business at nightclubs, malls etc in the US and Europe therefore according to these words cannot be killed or hurt)
    2. Do not kill livestock of the enemy lands or burn down agricultural farms etc. This is unnecessary destruction.
    3. Prisoners of war are to be treated in the most humane way possible.
    4. Only use force if force is used against you, so in self-defence or a preemptory strike.
    Among many others. Note that this was in the 7th century AD, many, many centuries before the Geneva Convention on the Rules of War etc in the late 19th century and early 20th.
    The most important thing to note too is that these rules of engagement apply only to states. What Max Weber called the entities with the monopoly on the legitimate use of force. So in order to engage in acts of war you must be a lawfully-constituted state. ISIS, Al Qaeda and the others are a brigade of vagabonds who are not allowed in Islam to take the law into their hands and wage war.

Finally, as it relates to the Greene woman, while it may sound selfish, she should probably be left over there to face whatever consequences come. In Barbados, we don’t have the resources for the complex re-education programs to de-program these people, so we could ask the Americans or the Brits to put her in one of theirs, but preferably just leave her there.

for me the most important take away is that the Muslims here, if they follow their scriptures and teachings pose no threat to our Western democratic values. They are not in any way equivalent to the monsters abroad. It’s time that people like Hal Austin, Robert Lucas et al begin to take a mature view of life and realise that you can’t demonise a whole group of people. That is the beginnings of entrenching hateful ideologies. The blueprint for that is there. You begin to view this whole group as being alien, repugnant and disgusting, and then start to fear them and then it isn’t far off for you to start cleansing them. Final note: praising the Burmese, Sri Lankans, Chinese etc for their inhuman treatment of Muslims is just disgusting. People like Robert Lucas who have done so appear to be guilty of spewing the same hate-filled, inhuman doctrine that drives white supremacists, Nazis, Islamic extremists and the various other haters of the world. all men and women deserve humane treatment. Perhaps if we followed the Islamic principle of even treating our enemies and prisoners of war with humanity and dignity, the world would be such a better place.

• @Hants

I’m sure that Trudeau is fully apprised of the situation, he will have to make a decision. In the meanwhile the local press is touting the potential visit

• @In the Name of Common Sense February 16, 2020 12:55 PM

You have verified what have I stated ( to Hal Austin) about the response to be expected from most Barbadians.

“for me the most important take away is that the Muslims here, if they follow their scriptures and teachings pose no threat to our Western democratic values”

Where do live? It cannot be on earth. Muslims in interviews in the UK and USA have made it perfectly clear that they do not like living in a democracy and would like to impose their way of life on the non-believers. The best that can be said for you is that you are naïve (living in a land of make belief). The Central African Republic is an example to bear in mind. A country with more than ninety-percent of the population being Christian’ the other ten-percent or so Muslim. The ten-percent with the connivance of Chad and the Arab league, staged a coup and enforced sharia law on the ninety-percent. The Muslims burnt down Churches and raped and slaughtered thousands of Christians. The Christians have been fighting back. There was UN intervention and troops ( Muslim) from Chad were sent to act as peace keepers. The UN had to rescind the mandate of the troops from Chad when it was discovered that they were actively siding with Muslim coup stagers in carrying out atrocities against Christian.
    You need to face reality.

• Correction: You have verified what I have stated….

• Correction :
    Should read “Where do you live?”

• fortyacresandamule

With the murder rate in the region at civil war level , we have nothing on moderate muslim countries like: The Maldives, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc. You are more likely to be shot and killed in Jamaica than in Iraq or Syria. Never mind Jamaica having more churches per square mile in the world.

• @fortyacres

We live in a Hypocrisy.

• @ robert lucas February 16, 2020 12:55 PM
    “Muslims were responsible for the genocide of the Armenians. The genocide of the Armenians by Muslims is a fact of history. So I don’t see your point. I replied to Hal that the Barbadian response would be typical of a people who have no self respect or back-bone-a spineless set of sanctimonious hypocrites.”
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes Bricky, yes you do see my point.

It is clearly visible in your reinforcement of the point that there is no difference when it comes evil acts like genocide hiding behind the cloak of religion of the ‘extremists’ kind.

The Muslims of the extremist persuasion are no different from those of the other members of the Abrahamic faith or even those of other religions who believe that their god is supreme to other people’s gods.

Just look at the reason the ‘white’ European-descended Jews are giving for the containment of the Muslim Palestinians similar to what their own ancestors experienced in’ Christianized’ Europe under Hitler starting with Kristallnacht.

Isn’t the guise of religion always the means to take control of other people’s resources?

Isn’t that the same guise (using the ‘missionary position’) used by Europeans to grab the lands and resources which the North American and Australasian indigenous peoples believed to be theirs?

PS: There are more Muslims in the UK, Europe and North America than will ever live in tiny Barbados.

Now deal with that ‘fact of life’!

• fortyacresandamule

@David. Hypocrisy of the highest order. I subscribe to no religion. Whatever grandeur of illusion muslims may harbour about world domination that’s on them. Every group aspires to rule the world with their brand of values.

• @ Miller February 16, 2020 2:55 PM

I would suggest you stop being facetious. Muslims when in the majority compel others to give up their way of living and follow Islamic ways. Centuries ago Christianity used to do so but not today. A case in point is the treatment meted out to the Christian Nubians that followed the building of the Aswan High Dam. The Nubians were relocated to some of the most infertile areas of Egypt and forced to convert to Islam : this is a fact. You do not seem to grasp the fact that Islam means submission and as far as Muslims are concerned, (since they claim that there is only one God and Allah is his name) they are basically claiming that their deity is ergo superior to all others. You can ask the Bahai about the treatment meted out to them because they claim their prophet Baháʼu’lláh’ to be the last messenger of God.

• The so called Christian+Israeli Vs Muslim War is more West Vs East or White Vs Black/Brown.
    It’s about super powers taking control of whole world and people fighting back to protect themselves.

West have been fighting in Middle East since first Iraq war.

• @ robert lucas February 16, 2020 3:43 PM
    “I would suggest you stop being facetious. Muslims when in the majority compel others to give up their way of living and follow Islamic ways. Centuries ago Christianity used to do so but not today.”
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, then, put it this way: Islam is a few centuries behind Christianity in its ‘evolutionary’ development.

Maybe, Deo volente or Inshallah, Islam- one day coming soon in the Age of Aquarius- would come to see the Light of scientific knowledge and evolve into a kinder, gentler, all-embracing religion like Christianity and even prepared to accept homosexuals as Imams and members of their own LGBTQ community who like the Jews and Christians have dared to leave their closeted world of abominations.

Please stop attacking the miller for he is nothing but a lowlife pagan!

• Donks, Gripe and Josh

@Donna
    February 15, 2020 8:00 PM

[]Personally speaking I don’t like the Muslim faith’s treatment of women. It is behind the modern Christian faith by a long way even though the Christian faith still has improvements to make in that regard.[]

You pinpoint a profound departure in philosophy of Moslem and Christian which calls for deep thought and introspection by Muslim scholars, elders, those who teach and guide the flocks of Islam.

Equality for women has evolved to become non negotiable under the Christian banner.

Christians has witnessed societal evolution with marked improvements from the barbaric crusaders.

Although it will always be imperfect tolerance to other religions is a cornerstone of modern Christian faith.

Muslims living in majority Christian communities can attest to that.

In Barbados there is no hint of intolerance for Muslims curiosity yes intolerance no.

In a raft of majority Muslim countries intolerance and threats against Christians are dominant national features .

Forced conversion even death are not uncommon for non Muslims in some Islamic nations this is repugnant it will never work.

There was an broad cross section of American Muslims who set about to change the perception of Muslims as terrorists or supporters of terrorism.

Their aim was to ensure understanding and tolerance for other faiths Christianity, Judaism and so on grow into defining characteristics of Islam.

That noble cause appears to have stalled.

Christianity and Islam despite stark differences can coexist.

Christian societies full of warts have shown that large Muslim populations can live within them for the most part unhindered.

The same is not the situation of Christians residing in majority Moslem states. Until the level of tolerance and trust amongst the religions are on par there will be no peace.

• Donks Gripe and Josh

‘Christians have….’ para 4

• @robert lucas February 16, 2020 8:44 AM “I read the article about the Muslim woman and the reclining seat.”

I have travelled on that type of aircraft multiple times. It is tight. But it is cheap, and in my experience the staff were super nice, the food is not bad either. The passengers are the type of people, like me, who like a good bargain. The best way to do before you recline your seat is to ask the person behind you for an excuse.

The best thing to do if somebody reclines their seat without asking you for an excuse is to gently say to them “excuse me, you have me a bit tight here”

Most people respond positively to kind, gentle words. Most people respond negatively to aggression.

Before we all start World War 3, let us remember the good manners which we were taught at our mommie’s knee (or grannie’s knee)

I have travelled for my job and for pleasure for 44 years. I have never had a conflict with a passenger or staff, although I nearly beat that elderly British security guard who when I was boarding a flight to Barbados, nearly went where my husband never went before. But she was old and so am I. I didn’t think it prudent that 2 old women got into a public dust-up at a large airport.

And tobesides once you have delivered a few babies in a public teaching hospital and and a dozen young boys and girls (said to be doctors and nurses, but I did not ask for nor see any ID) have seen ALL of your parts you quickly ditch the now [false] modesty.

In my old age now. Me and my parts and my husband good. i think that God is good with me too, because wait, wasn’t it God who first saw me naked?

God must love naked people. He has made so many, many of them.

• @Hants

Trudeau cancels Barbados trip

• Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne will attend instead.

“Following the government’s ongoing efforts to address infrastructure disruptions [read Wet’Suwet’en] across the country [the Canadian Prime Minister] will tomorrow convene The Incident Response Group (IRG) to discuss steps forward.

More at: http://www.cbc.ca

• Racial war brings out extremists on both sides.
    White supremacist racists pretending they just have issues with muslims has opened the door for their prejudiced politics again.
    Muslims relate and sympathise with fellow muslims who are victims of wars abroad. More have started wearing burqas in support etc.

• @ Robert

That Muslim woman who claims to be the victim of an aggressive fellow passenger on a Virgin flight has a familiar surname. Is she related to the great Muslim voice in Barbados? If so, is this all fabricated for publicity? Just asking. Is the tactic in Barbados now to win hearts and minds?

• @ Hal February 17, 2020 3:19 AM

It would seem so. Seems to be getting a lot of backing from some followers of this blog. I can only laugh at how naïve most Barbadians are. You would have noticed that what I predicted about the response by the majority of Barbadians was shown to be correct. It reminds me of Chamberlain and his appeasement effects with Nazi Germany. Appeasement in the long run always result in a massive shedding of blood. Barbadians seem to have an innate inclination to be docile. At times one must resort to extreme violence to defend one’s way of life.. As I said I am not afraid to use extreme violence to defend my way of life.

After every atrocity they have come with a plan to donate to the schools or some such crap. For example it is water-coolers for the schools these days. The gullible majority of Barbadians have fallen for the bait. I have always maintain that Barbadians are the most foolish people in the West Indies.

• @ Silly Woman February 16, 2020 7:30 PM

You seem to be straddling the fence. You have not responded to the statement as a feminist you would have a hard time in a Muslim majority country.

• @Dr. Lucas

We cannot discuss these issues in absolute terms.

• @ Robert

You got them bang to rights. Do you remember the year when they poured money in to the Salvation Army’s Xmas Appeal? I could not stop laughing: that Muslims were funding a Christian project.
    Many Barbadians are not only docile and gullible, let us be honest, they are simply stupid.

• @ robert lucas February 17, 2020 6:32 AM
    “Appeasement in the long run always result in a massive shedding of blood. Barbadians seem to have an innate inclination to be docile. At times one must resort to extreme violence to defend one’s way of life.. As I said I am not afraid to use extreme violence to defend my way of life.”
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So how do you ‘explain’ the Americans’ most recent attempts of rapprochement with the Taliban in Afghanistan?

Isn’t the Taliban a deadly terrorist group most feared by the Americans enough to engage their military in a long-standing war which appears completely ‘unwinnable’?

What do you think should be done with this group of terrorists which still operate in the stone age of Sharia law as far as females are concerned?

Engage in a relationship of Entente Cordiale (as the Russians have done) or carry out bombings to make the mountains of Afghanistan glow like the fires of Nazi Dresden in February of 1945?

Time has a way of causing history to repeat itself.

Probably this Muslim guerilla / fifth columnist invasion of the West is their version of retaliation for the Christian crusades of the Middle Ages.

When the children of the three branches of the Abrahamic faith are at each other throat the Shaitan finds himself sitting next to Yahweh in heaven enjoying a meal of milk and honey.

PS: Let us agree on your claim that “Barbadians are the most foolish people in the West Indies”; as they so easily tricked by charlatans.
    How do you explain ‘Christian’ educated Bajans having to work for the same nouveaux arrivant Muslims who came Barbadoes with only a suitcase of trinkets and a thawb on their backs?

• When they warmongers engaged in war their propaganda and mission statement was stated as to fight terrorism
    ie. Not muslims, and nothing about woman’s rights.
    I guess Lucas is white and Austin is a coconut who should be attacked in the troll wars on BU.

• i have no tolerance for organised religion of any sort but the most damage to my people have been done by Christianity notwithstanding Islamist slavery. and so we as blacks should be wary of the both of them and any other type of organised faith

• @robert lucas February 17, 2020 6:38 AM “as a feminist you would have a hard time in a Muslim majority country.”

Perhaps so, perhaps not.

A close female relative lived for a decade and a half in a Muslim majority country (Saudi Arabia) people asked her all the time if she did not want to convert to Islam. Nope. She lived in England for maybe 30 years. Did she want to convert to Anglicanism? Nope. Did she want to marry a Muslim man? Nope. Did she want to marry a Christian English man? Nope. She was in both both countries to work, to earn good money. Nope. She did not love their religions nor their men. Was married to a Bajan man decades ago. Did she/does she want to marry a Bajan man. Nope. She feels exactly the same way about Bajan men, English men, Saudi men. She feels exactly the same way about Christianity and Islam.

She remains happy, single, prosperous, completely irreligious.

Once a Bajan Anglican priest reprimanded heer for living in Saudi. That was just before the married priest and father of a good few children, ran of to America with the Sunday School superintendent.

We women know wunna men, and we know that a lotta, lotta wunna wicked, deceitful, and wannbe controlling as sh!te.

Who needs it?

Stupssseee!!!

And the little woman is NOT a martyr. Having somebody complain about your reclining their seat is MINOR victimization. It is NOT MARTYRDOM.

No the young woman is NOT a martyr.

She would NOT be a martyr either if she was a Christian.

People too love to make mountains out of molehills.

I here hoping that the BU masculinists don’t cuss me for speaking the truth.

• @ Miller February 17, 2020 7:5

I am not going to respond to facetious comments.

• @ Silly Woman February 17, 2020 10:43 AM

Stop living in the past over your bad choices : look to the future.

• @ Hal February 17, 2020 7:05 AM
    I do not remember. most likely I was I the USA doing a post doc. As must by now realize I keep a very close eye on the fifth column.

• What bad choices robert? lolll!!!

Happy and healthy.

Well I have a cold today, but otherwise very healthy,and very happy.

• @ Silly Woman February 17, 2020 12:24 PM

You always painting a very negative picture of men. You are not the only person to have had negative experiences. Always look to the future, thereby you will have less stress. I read recently that women are more prone to have heart attacks. if you keep up your noise about men, you might suffer one prematurely.

• @ Silly Woman

You need to be placed in quarantine. The populace must be protected.

• @robert lucas February 17, 2020 12:01 PM
    “I am not going to respond to facetious comments.”
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You call them “facetious”? They simply seek to expose your underbelly of painting all Muslims with the same brush of evil the same way the Nazis did to the Jews.

Isn’t your description of Muslims equivalent to that used by white supremacists to define ‘black’ people?

The same ‘racist’ prescription aka final solution you are proposing to ‘deal with’ the Muslim problem was previously prescribed for dealing with the ‘nig**r problem in America and by the Boers in South Africa.

• Robert Lucas,

It is a fact that men generally try to control women. The evidence is that they control all the levers of power and still fight to keep them out of our reach. History and modern day life bears that out. It cannot be refuted..

• Don’t worry about me robert, This is the first time I have had a cold since 2012. Nobody on either my mother or father’s side has ever had a heart attack, so don’t worry about that either. Happy to be indoors this week. More time to torment the boys of BU.

• But…… that incident with the Muslim woman on the plane was an everyday experience that would have occurred whether or not she was Muslim. Good manners on her part would have prevented that.

Some years ago I was a patient at the QEH. I was advised to remain on the public ward so other patients would be around to help and call for assistance. When I was assigned a bed I realized that there was an elderly man in the bed opposite mine. I queried whether this was proper and was told that he could not move or see well and posed no threat to me. He was there, they said, because the male orthopedic ward was full.

The next day a Muslim women was admitted and was placed several beds away from the man. I watched and waited to see what would happen. The man was removed before nightfall.

A week later the Muslim woman was discharged. Again I waited to see what would happen. Later that day a young man only ten years or so my junior was placed in the bed the old man had vacated more than a wekk before.

It was at that point that my suspicions were confirmed. My modesty meant nothing. Her modesty meant something. Deference was being paid to her religious practices.

That could not be allowed to stand in my book. The sister on duty apologised and asked if I would accept being moved to the far corner away for the night and promised to rectify it in the morning. She did.

I have also had occasion to complain to a bank manager regarding a security guard who raced across the floor before I had even taken two steps inside to make me remove my sunglasses. I questioned how they treat Muslim women who enter with the net over their eyes. She said they have a system in place for them, I said if ever I saw one of them in the bank I would take pictures, place it on social media and call for a boycott of the bank. So far I have seen none.

It is fine to respect religious practices up to a point but I will not allow them to be comfortable in places that use my taxes or my patronage when I am expected to suck it up.

Hell no!

• The thing is that both Christianity and Islam sexualises every interaction between men and women. Perhaps because “researchers learned that, on average, men think about sex 19 times a day.”

Most men would probably be surprised to learn that days and days pass and women don’t think about them at all. at all.

• @Donna February 17, 2020 1:00 PM

Leh we forget generally fuh a lil minute:
    How do you account for the top three position in BIM being held by women, PM, GG and DPP, if as you say; men control all the levers of power?

Why is it that since May 2018, a disproportionate number of women has been appointed to head Government agencies?

Are you really saying that “behind every great man, there is a greater woman running things”, is propaganda spouted by misguided feminist?

BTW, Bajan women ain’t easy, no matter the religion. I suspect there would have been a problem with any other Bajan women who wanted to “just relax and enjoy the ride”.

• Simply put, “The times they are a-changing!”

PS. I have never spouted that “behind every great man is a woman” thing but I took it to mean that great men often have a devoted wife supporting them, not running things but supporting him. I have never heard it quoted in the manner you did.

• @ Silly Woman February 17, 2020 2:19 PM
    “The thing is that both Christianity and Islam sexualises every interaction between men and women. Perhaps because “researchers learned that, on average, men think about sex 19 times a day.”
    Both religions are male centric. I doubt that the anti-woman teachings come from God, any God.”
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How come such a phenomenon is not seen among other mammalian species except in the world of your closest relatives called the ‘great apes’ where the Alpha male is the King Solomon of his troupe or tribe.

Don’t you think it is time you feminize God by referring to Her as ‘Mother God’ since in your world males are responsible for all that is wrong in both worlds?

Even little Barbados has seen the light of your ways and has feminized the society from top to bottom as F.M. Luder has pointed out @ February 17, 2020 2:42 PM.

If that is a bridge too far for you to cross why not see God as a transgender being by referring to ‘IT’ as simply ‘Shim’?

That would like merging the men from Mars with the wo(e)men from Venus to become bisexual earthlings of both good and evil; not so the simple Simon(e) now married to a man for over 40 years called Mr. Richard Bucket (or should that be Ms. Bouquet).

• F.M. Luder

A few years ago I gave a speech in Barbados on behalf of the Commonwealth Secretariat on women in finance. A large part of the speech was about women out-performing men across the professions. Even so, some people still talk about female oppression. The out-performance is even in families.
    In the UK, girls/women out-perform males from GCSE to post-graduate.

• That was just me taking literary licence.

Times changing or not, when it comes to the workplace and business in general; it has been my experience that most men with the wherewithal to do so, bend over backwards to assist women.

• Gunmen kill 24 people at protestant church in Burkina Faso where Islamists are increasingly targeting Christians
    ‘Armed terrorists’ raided a village in Yagha province, in east Burkina Faso
    Christians were killed in front of the Protestant church before it was set alight
    An army official said the provisional toll was 24 dead, 18 wounded and a number of people kidnapped
    By RYAN FAHEY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:22 GMT, 17 February 2020 | UPDATED: 15:04 GMT, 17 February 2020

Let this be a warning for all those appeasers.

• The Problem → Reaction → Solution dialectic (thesis → reaction → antithesis) has been used by illuminati NWO warmonger Governments for false flags wars, regime changes, propaganda, changes in laws etc.

which raises issue that muslim hate could be stirred up by by proxy gangs

• Women’s liberation is achieved by showing support for women fighting for their rights changing customs of oppression in society
    not by bombing men, women and children in wars

• Robert Lucas,

One cannot judge people by the actions of others. If we did so EVERYBODY could justify killing EVERYBODY ELSE!

What about that is so hard for you to understand?????????????????????

• legion entrangere

All Muslims aren’t extremists but when one take great risks and challenges to join an extremist terrorist group, I can’t subscribe to the bullshit of believing their views aren’t extreme.

I only wish I was asked to interrogate her.

None of our forces in the Caribbean are properly trained interrogate terrorists except applying physical force.

• The woman married a Trini and lived in Trinidad. It was her Trini husband who made the decision and she like the foolish woman she is followed him because it was not her place to question him. I’m sure she believed that he knew best. She is a foolish woman who refused to think for herself and even now will not question her husband’s decision even though it made her a widow. Some women are just foolish behind a man. This is the reason why I know that NO GOD would demand that I cede my decision-making responsibility to any man,

• @Miller February 17, 2020 3:32 PM “You have omitted Judaism from your religious triumvirate of male-centric domineering.”

You are right.

Judaism is also a male centric religion.

Me? I know that God made me fully human. I have a brain in my head. I therefor MUST THINK for myself.

Goodnight to the BU intelligentsia.

• @ Silly Woman February 17, 2020 9:18 PM

Seems that you enjoy male bashing.

• @ Donna February 17, 2020 7:47 PM

As Hal stated above they all support the Islamic concept of ummah. I would suggest that you stop being so trusting and do some research on the topic. Stop being an appeaser. Try and face facts.

• @ robert lucas February 17, 2020 9:40 PM

Why not be a bit more ‘evenhanded’ in condemning terrorism by explaining the cause for the blatant massacre of (innocent) Muslims in ‘Christchurch’ New Zealand in March 2019?

I agree that Muslims fleeing political oppression or economic exploitation in their own countries ought to seek refuge in other Islamic states where they would be comfortable and feel more at home according to their Koran.

They need to conform to the general mores of the country providing refuge by adhering to the old adage “when in Rome do like the Romans do”.

Wherever there are humans holding different ‘shades’ of seeing their own made-up god there will always be conflict over the ‘common enterprise’ called the control of resources and making money and the political domination of one group over others.

Barbados will soon see the effects of allowing the far-right of all religious persuasions to gain a strong foothold in influencing the terms and conditions of social conduct.

• @ Miller February 18, 2020 10:04 AM

“That’s why the French way of keeping religion out of public spaces is the preferred method governance and social order.”

I was not going to respond but after reading the above quote attributed to yourself. I was forced to answer.
    Please answer the following question as it relates to France and its Muslim inhabitants:

Is it not a fact that France has the highest incidence of Islamic terrorists attacks despite its strong secular nature?

• “The problem is that Muslims feel that they must impose their will on their host countries. There is going to great shedding of blood before they are evicted. The neo-liberal globalists with their multicultural crap, are responsible for the situation: they are trying to eradicate the nation state and the traditions associated with self identity. History will judge them harshly.”

USA UK Israel wars has created the extremism of muslims you witness.

This was obvious result from 30 years ago with Saddam, when Q8 started robbing oil from Rumaila oil fields, and April Glaspie told Saddam USA would never get involved in arab arab conflicts, but had reassured Q8 they would support them in war.

The Military Industrial Complex wants continuous wars to sell bombs and arms.

• Robert Lucas,

I have never and will never try to appease anyone. I speak what I believe.

And exactly what facts do you want me to face? Do you and Hal Austin know all Muslims? Besides the Western World is a fine one to talk about world domination. You only have one eye?????

How long have Muslims been a part of Barbados? What has been their population growth? Are they anywhere close to being the majority?

The facts are that they don’t bother me and I don’t bother them. And so it shall remain until something changes on their part.

If you with your warmongering right wing old bones want to try rounding them up and shooting them you are welcome to try. There will be no tears on my part when they blow you to smithereens.

• The woman Abbey Greene I see in the picture does not resemble any of the Pakistanis that I have met. She looks like a good old Bajan of African descent. Isn’t it funny how this becomes a blog about the Bajan Muslim of Pakistani descent.

• @ Donna February 18, 2020 7:48 PM

Do some research on the topic. You seem to base your reaction on the fact that the local Muslims have as yet not bothered you. A n illogical position to take.

February 18, 2020 8:17 PM

I am not at all surprise at your attempt to trivialize a serious matter. You have verified what I said from the outset about the reaction of the majority of Barbadians,. Your smugness says it all. Complacent attitude that most Barbadians have that bad things will befall this country.