Submitted by Jerome May
Today two once great nations find themselves in the hands of men who became government leaders by default. Leaders who first occupy their current positions due to unforeseen life circumstances namely the passing away of their bosses. Interestingly share a few key similarities I would like to call-out for thought:
- Both are able to live in a bubble totally disconnected from the daily plight of their people with a select loyal few.
- Both want to talk about every insignificant challenge being faced while primary nation social and economic challenges continue to degrade.
- Both are hanging on to false cause and effect rational that justifies their poor leadership, management and stewardship the nation.
- Both are void of ideas alone with those in the bubble with them which has significantly impacted their intellectual ability to course correct their nations, instead both are prepared to put the proverbial pedal to the floor of economic and social ruin.
- Both are sailing toward the life distinction as one of the worst leaders in their national history.
- Both are willing to go down with the ship and take us all with them and will resist every attempt at early elections due to an inability to put country first and know when it’s time to step down.
It will be interesting in the months ahead to see who will win the race to the bottom. One thing is for sure along the way the people will continue to suffer, and it will get worst each day elections is not called. The rate of destruction will depend on how much the economic and social destruction gas peddle is pressed.
Their however is a bit of good news in the journey ahead as once you hit rock bottom all “those of us who survive” will only have one way to go, which is UP.